Planet X or Boardman

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MichaelM

Guru
Mista Preston said:
I am pleased that its not just me that adopted this logic on the small Planet X. Bottle bosses are important !

Indeed they are. As a result of this I went for an Orbea instead - an extra £600 for a set of bottle bosses ! ;)

MichaelM said:
Indeed they are. As a result of this I went for an Orbea instead - an extra £600 for a set of bottle bosses ! :biggrin:

;) Thats funny - I shall be going for a trip to Epic in a month or so and getting the Orbea Onix TLT assuming my test ride goes well. The frame is better quality in my opinion also.

Thread hijacked - get an Orbea :biggrin:

MichaelM said:
Indeed they are. As a result of this I went for an Orbea instead - an extra £600 for a set of bottle bosses ! :biggrin:

;) Thats funny - I shall be going for a trip to Epic in a month or so and getting the Orbea Onix TLT assuming my test ride goes well. The frame is better quality in my opinion also.

Thread hijacked - get an Orbea :biggrin:

OP
OP
S

Spud

To conclude the thread, I opted for the Boardman Team Carbon and went on my first ride this afternoon. Once I'd got used to the riding position,the handlebars being narrower than I've been used to, it showed to be a bike that has great potential. I was a bit concerned that it didn't have the third chainring for some of the steeper hills I ride up but with the clipless pedals and lightness of the bike I got up the hills without much of a problem and considering I haven't riden for over a month I thought that was pretty good going.
So, in the end I am really pleased with bike, it was the right one to get, and Halfords have set the bike well .

OP
OP
S

Spud

To conclude the thread, I opted for the Boardman Team Carbon and went on my first ride this afternoon. Once I'd got used to the riding position,the handlebars being narrower than I've been used to, it showed to be a bike that has great potential. I was a bit concerned that it didn't have the third chainring for some of the steeper hills I ride up but with the clipless pedals and lightness of the bike I got up the hills without much of a problem and considering I haven't riden for over a month I thought that was pretty good going.
So, in the end I am really pleased with bike, it was the right one to get, and Halfords have set the bike well .

OP
OP
S

Spud

threebikesmcginty said:
Excellent news, well done! - going to post some pics in the 'photo gallery' so we can have a drool?

I might do that at some point when its been cleaned up.

Top Bottom