Planet X or Giant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bondirob

Hi all I'm looking at getting a new bike. Currently I have a 2014 defy 3 which I love but I fancy another and I've been looking at the following
Planet X Pro Carbon Ultegra £999
Planet X RT-80 Sram Rival today t800 frame. (they have one on offer in my size reduced £200 to £999
Or do I spend a bit extra and go for a Giant Defy Advanced with disc brakes and 105 groupset?
Been looking at them so long I'm a bit confused which to go for.
I'm a bit concerned that Planet X frames might not be as good quality as Giant.
But Planet X looks amazing value for money and very light.
Also Planet X Barnsley is my lbs which I like to support.
Any help advice would be.much appreciated.
Thanks Rob

vickster

Legendary Member
PX SRAM As long as it's not black :whistle:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I bought mine about a year ago & funnily enough I was originally after a carbon Giant, but couldn't find one in my size & would have to wait about 4 months for the new model. Started looking at other options online & was eyeing up a planet x RT-57 with Sram force at £1400, they knocked £400 off, bringing it down to a grand & I couldn't hit the buy button quick enough :okay: I've been very happy with my Planet X bike & doubt I'd notice any performance differences between the two, but do think the Giant bikes edge it on looks :blush:

U

User33236

+1 for Planet X. The Pro had a bit of a reputation for speed wobble when I was researching so I ruled that out when I was buying. I opted for the carbon RT-58. Rode many a happy mile (or should that be km?) on it.

+1 for Plant X here too. The two guys i regularly bike with both ride Planet X Pro Ultegra's and they've loved every minute of it. They've both covered thousands of mile without issue or complaint.

You'll be hard pressed to find another bike that offers that kind of value for money :smile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bondirob

Thanks for your replies I've heard about the speed wobble also on the pro carbon. The only thing I'm not sure about with the Rt 80 is the geometry it's the same as their rt90 race bike. I'm used to my relaxed defy so not sure if it would be uncomfortable

Top Bottom