Planet X RT-58 Ultegra Composite

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

uclown2002

Guru
Has anyone found the frame numer on their bike, I can not find one!
Have you tried emailing planet X? They have responded within 24 hrs to my emails.

OP
OP
R

Roger

Veteran
Already contacted them and they came back with "The frame number can be located near the bottom bracket, underneath the top tube or around the head tube." I still can not see it, will take off gear cable guide under bottom bracket to see if it's there, if not will contact them again.

BigAl68

Über Member
They don't have a frame number. Trust an owner who has looked in every location. I got mine tagged with the police scheme to allow me to put it on the insurance

OP
OP
R

Roger

Veteran
Thanks bigal68, was beginning to think that, interesting my insurance did not ask for frame number. Have marked under bottom bracket with postcode and house number using indelible pen as a start, looking to put one of the rfid tags in seat tube as a better solution.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Dunno if it's in the same place but the frame number on the RT-57 is on a very small plate on the inside of the chain stay near the rear dropout.

OP
OP
R

Roger

Veteran
No nothing there.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
At a guess they're getting rid of the old stock of both RT-57 and RT-58 frames.
As suggested above either there will be a new model arriving soon, or they've made some spec/colourway changes for the new season.

Top Bottom