Planet X rt 58

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dave147

So after a bit of a delay and looking around I honk Immdoing to order on next week just seeing if any on had options on them also I don't think I'll be and to get to try on of the bikes out b4 I order but was going to get the same frame size as I had on my old bike. What have been people's experiences of Planet X if any ?

Dave

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Very positive, I have two PX bikes (one an RT-D)

OP
OP
dave147

dave147

The only bit was spewing the bike I cudnt change the cassette To an 11-32 and the wheels don't look as good as when I first looked at them a few months ago must have change the bike package. There are sum upgraded wheels vision 30 I think but not sure if to up grade to them

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Yeah the spec options can change weekly, I just chose bar width, crank length and left the wheels as I was upgrading them instantly anyway.

vickster

Legendary Member
I got an rt58 with SRAM rival for its parts for £500. Good campag khamsin wheels and an 11-32 cassette

Turned it into a flatbar but didn't ride much as it ended up too small for me after the conversion. A friend has it now

V good value for the money at that price or thereabouts. Order and delivery process nice and easy

Track your purchase through quidco

Ref frame size, carefully compare the geometry to your old one. PX provide some guidance too. Also you can specify component sizes, bars, stem, maybe cranks

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Very positive experiences from PX here to.
Bought 4 bikes from them to date and loads of other stuff.
Had a couple of minor niggles with Yodel, but nothing major.
Dealing with PX has always been quite an easy process.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Yep Planet X are fine by me..
456 carbon now replaced..and i got the RT58 frame for a measly 130 quid in the sale..

the RT58 is a comfy frame and i think there as good as any in the price range..

1470561600982.jpg

OP
OP
dave147

dave147

Thanks for the comments made me feel better about ordering on line as I don't think I will be able to get up there for a bit was Gona measure my old bike carrera tdf so de if it was simlerish in size

vickster

Legendary Member
Geometry below ...
image.png
The effective TT, and headtube / stack seem to be the key measurements to compare, and maybe the standover height, more so for blokes :biggrin:

Also check the length of your cranks, stem and centre to centre bar width

I'm between 5'9 and 5'10 and fwiw I had the medium / 54cm

Top Bottom