Planet X XLS budget(ish) build. Updated again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Elybazza61

Elybazza61

Guru
The more I see it the more I don't like the white seat stem, just looks odd as if its meant for a different bike to me

Really still like the rest though!!

Well it's on there 'cos I had it lying about and actually think it's ok with the white stem,bars,saddle,hubs and cables.
However it could be replaced if a nice carbon one came at the right price but as it works at the moment it'll stay as it is.

Thanks all for the comments and I'm really enjoying it at the moment and I may be turning into a carbon convert,even with the discs it seems to pick up much quicker than my ally Ridley;will have to go on a club run to see how it fares on a longer ride.

stumpy66

Veteran
Been thinking of getting a set of the archetypes built up, will be interested in how you find them

OP
OP
Elybazza61

Elybazza61

Guru
Thread resurrection but there's been some changes lately.

Now running an XT/105 1X10 set up it's also running Hutchinson Sector 28's tubeless on the Archetypes.

Latest mod done at the week-end is a Hope 44t retainer chainring to hopefully stop the odd dropped chain I've been getting.

First ride today and giving it some hammering over speed bumps and a gravel cycle path all seems ok,actually seems to shift smoother as well,may get a new chain as the current one is looking a bit sorry for itself after the winter.

So some (rubbish) pics;

IMG_20160516_063115260.jpg
IMG_20160516_152330504.jpg

OP
OP
Elybazza61

Elybazza61

Guru
Just another few words;

The Archetype/Novatec wheels have been totally bombproof and have needed no adjustment since they were built;if I get around to it I'll get the Bicycle Ambulance in Cambridge(who built them)to give them a check over.