Planet x

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sully

Über Member
Hi all, hope your all well, back into cycling and enjoying it after getting over the hernia op...wow painful but that's a different story, I'm after a new bike, plodding, few sportives, 50 - 100 miles, coast to coast, Skegvegas run, so not a racer but I like to keep an eye on my times, currently use a entry level Giant think its the Defy 4, does ok but after something to spend some money on so my mate has recommended planet X, I've been on the phone to the and they've suggested the pro-carbon and going for the Sram Force ahead of the Ultegra, for the money I cant really see how I could go wrong ?
any help from you guys would be greatly received ?

http://www.planetx.co.uk/news/produ...rce-22-or-ultegra-6800-the-perfect-pro-carbon

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Nice bike for not a lot of money I think I would go for the Ultegra just my own personal preference.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I have an RT-58 Ultegra, very nice bike and comfy.
What has your Defy got on it, gear wise? I have both SRAM & Shimano and have no issues swapping between the 2, but personal preferance

phil_hg_uk

That was my initial thoughts mate but the staff at PX told me the Force is the better set

Fair enough but I know what I like and I would go with the Shimano, they maybe right and the Sram might be better I dont know I have never used Sram but it is up to the person who is going to ride it and what they prefer. So its one of those pay your money and take you choice situations.

Are you going to go and have a look at it before you buy it ?, I went to there barnsley branch and had a look at a similar bike a couple of years ago and I wasnt that impressed with it in real life so I stuck with my Secteur Elite which I still have and love.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's a lot of bike for not much. Personally I'd go Ultegra.

phil_hg_uk

Phil, that's interesting, wasnt convinced with the build quality ?

I just didnt like it, wasnt as nice and shiny as it looked in the advert. Dont get me wrong for the price it is a bargain but so is a skoda and I dont like them either I prefer my honda, just one of those things ^_^

But I recommend going and looking at any bike you are going to buy before you buy it if you can.

It would need to be a really nice bike to get me off my secteur I have had it for 6 years and it is a great bike that fits me perfectly.

phil_hg_uk

There seem to be quite a lot of nice bike around at this price point at the moment I just happened across this on twitter for £849.99 -> http://www.dolan-bikes.com/road/roa...n-l-etape-carbon-road-bike-sram-rival-22.html

l_etape-sram-rival22-askium-one.jpg

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
I have both of those Groupsets and indexed correctly there is almost nothing to choose.
Just they differ slightly in the way you actually shift. SRAM double tap and the usual Shimano two lever system.
Much of a muchness IMHO.

Top Bottom