Planet x

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
I have the Ultegra Pro Carbon can't fault it .

As I wasn't sure on sizing etc I visited there show room.Best decision I ever made.A bike was put on a turbo and measurements taken,frame size stem length crank size. Not exactly a full bike fit.

Outcome. My most comfortable bike, well worth the120 mile round trip.

Down side Yodel delivery.Bike just dumped on the front lawn.I wander who signed for delivery.

Can't fault Planet X.Would definitely buy from them again.

adamangler

Veteran
I went with force over ultegra on my recent planet x bike. The sram is cheaper and lighter and i prefer the double tap so win-win-win for sram for me.
If you dont care about weight/price and prefer the shimano shifting then go for that, quality or performance wise theres nothing in it

adamangler

Veteran
Dont think its THAT good a buy for 1050.

they make it sound like ultegra is unheard of for a grand, would rather have had a carbon frame for that money.
But if you like it thats all that matters

Bought this one......

View attachment 128592

Ultegra - 900 quid - v excited.

A few years ago, when I bought my Ridley, I was very-very tempted by one of the bright pink carbon Planet X's
The only reason I didn't was because I was offered a good deal on the Ridley

If rider like Wayne Randle can ride a pink 'X', it'd not be a problem to me either

Crandoggler

I must say, I'm a big fan of the B'Twin range in general, and love the higher end aluminium frames they make.

adamangler

Veteran
I'd much rather have a high end alloy frame than a bottom end carbon.
Not all carbon is equal!

I agree, but how do you know its "high end" alloy and what makes an alloy frame high end? weight? stiffness?
Same can be said of carbon frames, im sure theres bike out there for a grand with better carbn frames than others but define better.

Personally would just prefer carbon for carbons sake, but each to their own.

Ajay

Veteran
I agree, but how do you know its "high end" alloy and what makes an alloy frame high end? weight? stiffness?
Same can be said of carbon frames, im sure theres bike out there for a grand with better carbn frames than others but define better.

Personally would just prefer carbon for carbons sake, but each to their own.
It's the quality of the alloy, different metal mix, construction/weld quality, tubing sizes etc etc. Aluminium has always been stiff, with a harsh ride, but the new generation frames are much more compliant. Different grades will bring different benefits and different prices.
Carbon fibre is like any other material, there's high and low quality, expensive and cheap. Likewise manufacturing processes differ, higher quality control, different types of cf in different parts of the frames etc etc. Ultimately what makes one frame better than another is down to the individual rider and intended use.
In short it's a very competitive market, and in general you get what you pay for.

gibgrth

Have a Planet x rt58 alloy with sram rival fitted, through cycle to work scheme. It hasthe GXP bottom bracket fitted and they are rubbish!!!!!!! Am currently in discussion with planetx on a resolution. Had to replace it after 4 months! You can buy a hope BB with a conversion kit! So BEWARE any potential buyers of Sram think Twice before purchasing!!!!

Top Bottom