PlanetX ec-130e saddle nose dipping.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slowboy

Hi. I have a planet x ec 130 e aero bike and the saddle nose keeps dropping because the saddle rail blot keeps loosening after a few rides. Does anybody have this bike with the same problem. Thanks.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Try some Loctite on the bolt.

Big John

Guru
As above but I overheard a man at an outdoor market say that a dab of paint on the end of the bolt works just as well if you don't happen to have any loctite. Be warned though - I've never tried this but if it works then a bit of old paint is a lot cheaper than loctite 😉

OP
OP
S

Slowboy

Thank you all for your help. I will check again the clamp area and will try the suggested bolt locking liquids. This is my first time on a forum and glad I joined.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
This is my first time on a forum and glad I joined.
Sorry I missed that, so hello and :welcome: to the forum.

In my experience some seat clamps are better at holding on to the seat rails and staying put than others, you might just have been unlucky, so if the thread locker doesn’t work you might have to resort to a new post.

Ajax Bay

Guru
If you do want to use thread locker then Loctite 243 is the stuff to use: just a dab on the threads where the seat post bolt is engaging. And get the angle right first time. Useful for chain ring bolts, stem bolts, bottle cage screws and mudguard fastenings as well.

bladesman73

Über Member
Is it your saddle rails slipping in the clamp so your saddle is moving forwards?? If so i fixed this on my bike by getting and old inner tube, cutting about a 2 inch length and wrapping it around my saddle rail on each side. No more slipping rails.

OP
OP
S

Slowboy

No. Only the nose of the saddle kept tilting down. I have given threadlock a try on the single bolt saddle cradle. Finger's crossed. Thanks for your replies. I will see how it goes

Top Bottom