PlanetX

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Okeydokey

Okeydokey

I understand the economic pressures on an LBS, seriously you have my sympathy, it is the end of the high street retail environment. I do though think one of the key problems is that there is no pressure to get the order right from online retailers who police their own feedback. I have now taken to buying from Amazon using a Prime account. This does cost me money, price is not everything, I don't buy stuff that has not been peer reviewed. Wiggle sent me a packet of Haribo jelly teddy bears along with my order. My suggestion is... keep the teddy bears, they will not help me join two ends of a cycle chain, which is what I hoped the order would achieve when it arrived.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
[QUOTE 3667814, member: 259"]Me neither.[/QUOTE]

Nor me.
Last order placed Sunday afternoon, paid standard delivery, arrived Tuesday lunchtime.

Ive never had a problem with Planet X either. I just had a delivery from them in fact. I needed some new 80mm stem tubes and they always have them, ended up being a weight weenie and ordering Ti QRs and a Carbon bottle cage to take it to £50 to get free delivery. The order was placed on Monday night, they emailed me to say they'd processed/dispatched it yesterday (Tuesday) and they came first thing today (Wednesday). That par per the norm for online bike shops IME.

Red17

Veteran
I use Planet X a lot for various bits and pieces including a bike - had a problem with their courier who couldn't find what they had done with the bike for a couple of days, but never had any issues with Planet X themselves or any of the smaller orders which have always turned up quickly.

RhythMick

Über Member
No issue with Planet X for me. I had a wheelset that pinged a few spokes in their first year. I spoke to customer service, sent the wheels back foc was updated regularly by email and received the wheels back relaced with new spokes in a week. Never had any issues getting many other orders from them.
They are also one of the best value retailers out there. You get genuine bargains and good quality own brand kit and bikes. They may not be perfect and you may get the odd issue but they aren't half bad.
+1. Not perfect, mostly because of how stretched they are, but they do try hard in my experience and the value is great.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
My Wiggle and CRC experience has been great, PlanetX is mixed and Ribble pretty good. The thing I dislike about PlanetX the most is lack of size guides for a lot of items, plus prices that fluctuate far too much.

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
I think its like most things in life, its a toss up.
Last year when my chain snapped half way through a ride the bike shop I found wanted £22 for a kmc chain that was £8 from wiggle but I was in a position where I had to pay it.
A few months ago when I had my off I could afford to shop around online for the few new bits I needed saving me about £20 over my lbs.
I've never had any problems from planetx/wiggle/chain reaction/tredz etc except for slightly long delivery times on occasion.

ayceejay

Guru
I think Planet X have lost the plot on shipping costs. I have ordered a number of things from them and had reasonable service but last week I wanted a pair of winter tights and a jersey total $66 = excellent value. shipping $73 !!!!! I emailed thinking this must be a mistake'
this was their reply:

The shipping costs are automatically generated according to the dimensions and weight of the parcel.

This is fair enough but I can't help thinking there must have been someone wearing my gear when they measured it :laugh:

Top Bottom