Planning sick days off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
A

Abitrary

I reckon it's *completely* possible that more than one heart has been delivered at one time.

There would be indignant uproar if someone died because you can only get one at a time like some perverse egg and spoon race

bonj said:
:smile: Obviously they have to have more than one in stock at any one time, so there's going to have to be some element of organised logistics involved. How do you think they deliver them, stuffed in a carrier bag in the doctor's car next to his lunch?

i was once on a small 'plane with a friend and some eyes fro transplant. we were flying from Phoenix to the Grand Canyon... over a great deal of nothing. it did occur to me that if we crashed they'd find three bodies and at least four sets of eyes.

the eyes were in a small cool box. i don't know if the pilot had his lunch in there too.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

alecstilleyedye said:
i may have to take one on monday, if i don't feel better soon…

Hang on. I smell a rat here.

How can you plan that far ahead... and don't you think it's a coincidence that the day you are planning to be sicking up on is a Monday?

alecstilleyedye said:
i may have to take one on monday, if i don't feel better soon…

For a few minutes I thought you meant you were going to take one of the transpalnt hearts we were talking about. Luckily Abitrary came along and set me straight :smile:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Abitrary said:
Hang on. I smell a rat here.

How can you plan that far ahead... and don't you think it's a coincidence that the day you are planning to be sicking up on is a Monday?
i suspect the fact that i'm sat here typing this and not at the free food, booze and taxi home office bash should bolster my case with an air of realism. plus the fact that i've yet to have a day off sick since i started working there (and cycling again) about a year and a half ago.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

alecstilleyedye said:
i suspect the fact that i'm sat here typing this and not at the free food, booze and taxi home office bash should bolster my case with an air of realism. plus the fact that i've yet to have a day off sick since i started working there (and cycling again) about a year and a half ago.

No man can truly trust himself.

If you do suddenly feel a bit wavering on Monday morning, don't do it.

Think about chucking a future sicky, something like bungee jumping in June.

Top Bottom