Plans for the Weekend

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris James

Über Member
After work today I am popping down the pub at the end of our road en famille to see what the new owners Ossett Brewery have done with the place. Very excited as they have a good rep for beer, both quality and range, and hopeful it will be a big success.

Saturday afternoon another kid's party (Douglas' party was two weeks ago and now all his pals are turning two) - it is themed so I need to turn up as a pirate.

The good thing is that it turns out that the dad of one of Douglas' mates is also a frustrated roadie so am hoping to get out on a ride with him at some point.

Then visiting friends for Sunday lunch.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I'm doing my first 50 the following weekend so I hope to do a dry run this weekend to check I'll be comfortable enough on my TT bike and to try out drinking/ eating options. Otherwise lazing around, watching the tour.

monnet

Guru
Bits and bobs and lazing about tomorrow, might go out for a couple of hours on the bike weather depending. Usual Sunday morning ride.

I'll make sure I knock back my quota of red wine too. I was told today, by a cyclist, that red wine is a typical cyclists drink. Wasn't really sure what to make of that. Thoughts?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Chris James said:
Saturday afternoon another kid's party (Douglas' party was two weeks ago and now all his pals are turning two) - it is themed so I need to turn up as a pirate.

The good thing is that it turns out that the dad of one of Douglas' mates is also a frustrated roadie so am hoping to get out on a ride with him at some point.
Dressed as pirates? :sad:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I've got my best friend's Stag Do tomorrow in Brighton:rolleyes: and a preview screening of the new Pixar film 'Wall-e' on Sunday morning!

Filling in job applications and watching TdF live tomorrow, then a 50 miler round the wyre on Sunday (provided the weather is not completely sh*te), half of it guide by some guys from Garstang Cycling Club...sounds fun...

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Rhythm Thief said:
Er ... practising with the band tomorrow morning, then off to a 21st birthday in someone's field at which we (and a host of other bands) are playing. I plan to be recovering from a hangover on Sunday, but I might get out for a brief ride if the weather's good.

Are you going to use the new amp?

Noodley

No cycling. Which I'm okay with as I have adopted a new "relaxed" approach xx(:biggrin:

Mrs Noodley is working (at T in the Park festival of "shite and weird and I can't understand the words" music) so I'll be doing something with the Noodley Jnrs. Possibly going to Perth horse races on Sunday...:ohmy:xx(

Top Bottom