Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

barq

I've got guests staying at the moment, but I'm throwing a party on Sunday. My original plan of a BBQ is a bit borderline due to the weather forecast, so kinda the same problem as Fnaar. Really want to go mountain biking but this also depends on guests/time/weather.

ChrisKH

Guru
mr_cellophane said:
ChrisKH
Do they still have the Haloween night at Tilbury Fort ?

Dunno; but that sounds like a good idea!

I take the kids regularly to the smaller CoalHouse fort because there's a park and lots of walks, wildlife, etc. Plus a nice river path route right round to Tilbury fort.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Seriously peed off. I was planning to do the Dun Run but got a cold on the chest and coughing like a good un. Been off the bike for 3 days :biggrin:

Christopher

Über Member
Choosing panniers on Sat'day (I will just get what Herself tells me to!)

Riding with Colin et al on his Bowland ride on Sunday. I hope Mister Blonde turns up, we can do Reservoir Dogs jokes at his expense!

Cycling down to Llandovery to watch the National 100 mile Time Trial this Sunday. Mark, who works in County Cycles Cross Hands, has entered. So we'll be trying to cheer him on.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
No idea...hoping the commuter MTB's freehub holds up - been making funny noises in the garage - seems ok on the road but it's on it's way out and could do with new wheels ;) - the wheels are well used..... either going for Mavic Crossride V wheels or Deore/Deore LX on Mavic rims - thinking Deore/LX as they are easier to service than the Mavics....

monnet

Guru
Red wine and sleep tonight, 40 miles on the club 'sport ride' (chaingang-lite) on Saturday, Tour in the afternoon, Sunday morining clubrun, afternoon cleaning bikes.

bonj2

longers said:
aye me too!

Joe24 said:
Saturday, probably clean the bike(needs doing) clean and oil the chain. Then Sunday, off into the Peak District to do some hills:biggrin:. First time i'm going there, people have said i should go and do some real hill to see how i go, and some people from the club are going so i am going:biggrin: Got to meet someone in town at 8:20, so will be up early, about 6:30, to get my paper round done. Will probably get everything ready the night before aswell so i just have to put my drinks on the bike in the morning, get changed and go.
Cant wait to go do some big hills:biggrin:
winnats pass can offer 1 in 5: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winnats_Pass
if you really want to punish yourself try mortimer road, it has sections that are 1 in 4.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Wouldnt mind giving Winnats Pass a go one time. Not sure where we are going, apparently the route is all planned, around 70miles, no cafe stop and be back for about 1:30. I should be alright, i know there are slower climbers then me, so i can always sit behind them:biggrin:
Infact those steep gradients are really making me want to go there. Why, i just know its going to hurt:wacko:

Top Bottom