Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If touch wood the weather holds I'm going off to do a club run, it'll be my 1st one for ages (I had a bit of a knee problem) after that I'm going to cycle to my parents house to watch the us crush Italy ;) (my parents have got Sky). Sunday looks horrible weather wise so I'll probably just clean the commuting bike in my parents garage (I live in a flat).

Didn't realise we had so many optimistic, but footballing-naiive Scottish forumers! ;)
But, good luck to you.
And I mean that.
I do!
Honest! :biggrin:

Noodley

Dayvo said:
Didn't realise we had so many optimistic, but footballing-naiive Scottish forumers! ;)
But, good luck to you.
And I mean that.
I do!

I (almost don't) recall many years ago in the World Cup when Scotland played Brazil. If Scotland won they qualified to the second round. Me and my mate woke up convinced we had won. We didn't remember anything other than jumping around celebrating a Scotland goal - turns out it missed :biggrin::biggrin: Even when sober I was sure it went in the net and not inches past the post.

Noodley

Dayvo said:
But, good luck to you.
And I mean that.
I do!

I (almost don't) recall many years ago in the World Cup when Scotland played Brazil. If Scotland won they qualified to the second round. Me and my mate woke up convinced we had won. We didn't remember anything other than jumping around celebrating a Scotland goal - turns out it missed :biggrin::biggrin: Even when sober I was sure it went in the net and not inches past the post.

Noodley said:
I (almost don't) recall many years ago in the World Cup when Scotland played Brazil. If Scotland won they qualified to the second round. Me and my mate woke up convinced we had won. We didn't remember anything other than jumping around celebrating a Scotland goal - turns out it missed ;):biggrin: Even when sober I was sure it went in the net and not inches past the post.

That would be the 1990 World Cup in Italy. We needed to draw with Brazil to go into the knock-out stages but Mo Johnston managed to stick the ball over the bar from 5 yards and we lost 1-0.

As for tomorrow I am nervous about the game but as it said on a t-shirt I saw today - Big Eck says RELAX, we'll do it

Noodley said:
I (almost don't) recall many years ago in the World Cup when Scotland played Brazil. If Scotland won they qualified to the second round. Me and my mate woke up convinced we had won. We didn't remember anything other than jumping around celebrating a Scotland goal - turns out it missed ;):biggrin: Even when sober I was sure it went in the net and not inches past the post.

That would be the 1990 World Cup in Italy. We needed to draw with Brazil to go into the knock-out stages but Mo Johnston managed to stick the ball over the bar from 5 yards and we lost 1-0.

As for tomorrow I am nervous about the game but as it said on a t-shirt I saw today - Big Eck says RELAX, we'll do it

mondobongo

Über Member
Working Saturday dayshift, planning a dawn ride on Sunday as youngest daughter is visiting so need to be up and out as will probably get dragged round Freeport shopping once Mrs and her get up.

barq

I've got a cold and I have to work all weekend (again). ;) Might manage to go for a brief ride this morning, perhaps just an hour on the MTB. Then I'll make soup for lunch. I'm supposed to be going to a friend of a friend's birthday tonight, but I might cry off as I don't think sharing my cold with them is a very nice birthday present!

One good thing is that because my new shiny Dell (ubuntu) laptop arrived the other day, work feels ever-so-slightly more exciting and glamorous. I'm such a sucker for new gadgets. xx(

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Easy ride today 20-30 miles.Sunday i'm going to play with my Scalextric super saloons all day.

Top Bottom