Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm going into Cardiff today with my girlfriend. She went for an interview there yesterday and had to leave her car in the multi storey after putting engine oil in the brake fluid reservoir by mistake. So it falls to me to sort it out. Not sure what I'm doing tomorrow, probably replacing all the brake seals on her car.;):tongue:

col

Legendary Member
Rhythm Thief said:
I'm going into Cardiff today with my girlfriend. She went for an interview there yesterday and had to leave her car in the multi storey after putting engine oil in the brake fluid reservoir by mistake. So it falls to me to sort it out. Not sure what I'm doing tomorrow, probably replacing all the brake seals on her car.;):tongue:

Looks like you have the whole day covered there then;)

bonj2

Rhythm Thief said:

she's not related to this bloke by any chance is she :wacko::tongue:

Turns out that she'd put oil in the power steering fluid, not the brake fluid. So that's alright then.

bonj2

Rhythm Thief said:
I actually went out on my bike today. Heavens to betsy, et cetera. 20 odd miles around the Wye Valley. I might smoke more than I cycle these days (although I'm two days into giving up smoking), but I can still power up the hills like I used to.:evil::tongue:

more difficult for some of us than others isn't it ;)

Was meant to be meeting up for a club run this morning but due to a minor family crisis I was unable to get to the meeting point in time. Ended up going out on my own and did just under 50 miles. It was a bit chilly but I was well prepared for it. Mind you my feet were getting a bit cold by the end.:evil: Thought I might have met up with the club run at some point but never saw them:sad: Still it was a good run despite the iffy weather

bonj said:
more difficult for some of us than others isn't it :evil:

I haven't really thought about it much to be honest. I don't normally bring my baccy home anyway, so I only really smoke at work, and I'd got to the stage where I was enjoying the anticipation of having a rollie more than smoking it. So I've stopped. I'm not going to give myself a hard time if I have the odd one here or there though.
How's it going for you?

bonj2

Rhythm Thief said:
I haven't really thought about it much to be honest. I don't normally bring my baccy home anyway, so I only really smoke at work, and I'd got to the stage where I was enjoying the anticipation of having a rollie more than smoking it. So I've stopped. I'm not going to give myself a hard time if I have the odd one here or there though.
How's it going for you?

yeah good thanks. haven't smoked since I made a post about having given up. I haven't exactly turned into lance armstrong overnight but i have definitely noticed my cycling performance improve slightly. It's more like, at first it just starts hurting less going up hills, then when i'm used to doing it i just increase the pace slightly without really noticing it. the hill i was banging on about in the 'disappointed?' thread in fixies section i always honk up on the granny ring, but now i'm going up it at 8mph on 5th sprocket rather than 6mph on 3rd.
just been swimming aswell, 'tis quite enjoyable now, can swim quite fast(ish - for me) - swimming relies on breathing more so only really enjoyable to do it as fast as you can if you can breathe properly.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well got out for a quick 10 mile spin today & bike washed, in between jobs, shopping and cooking. Watched Clone Wars - again x god knows how many times (my son's first time)..

Top Bottom