Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
stevenb said:
Taking my new bike back to the LBS...;)
Definatley something wrong around the freehub area.
Only 8 days old too...:biggrin:

Bummer. Could be worse though. I bought mine from a not so LBS and two days later discovered a big score in the back wheel rim. I had to post it back and wait for a new one. 8 day turnaround ;) Worth the wait in the end.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Crackle said:
Ooooh nice. Know someone with a splitty. He had to import it from Canada to afford one. Still worked out cheaper than getting one from here. Bay window's nice though. Know somewhere in Wales that imports and does them up. LHD though. Not a problem once you're used to it.

Details if pos, please Crackle

Elmer Fudd said:
Details if pos, please Crackle

Oooh! Took me a while to re-find it Elmer.

http://www.mpicampers.co.uk/

Appointment only. Good blokes who run it and do it. Very hard to find. Tucked away on a farm on the road past Moel Famau going towards Ruthin.

They had a real nice stock when we went. Just nothing that suited us.

trio25

Über Member
Right today I'm going on a road ride this morning, probably about 30miles then this evening I'm on the track for an hour.

Tomorrow I'm riding off-road in the peaks, it's an easy ride so I'm thinking of cycling there and back. OH is going so can bring my mtb and I'll cycle there on the roadie. Problem is everyone thinks it's a mad idea.

stevenb

Crackle said:
Bummer. Could be worse though. I bought mine from a not so LBS and two days later discovered a big score in the back wheel rim. I had to post it back and wait for a new one. 8 day turnaround :sad: Worth the wait in the end.

Got the bike checke dout at the shop.:biggrin:
All ok.
Gears realigned.
Sun came out...so when I got back I got changed and went out for 50 miles......
Legs were a little stiff towards the end....due to last nights caning on the turbo...but glad I got out.:biggrin:
Within 10 mins of getting back it started raining....now thats good timing.:becool:
So Im happy the bike is sorted....and that I got a good fast session in today!

stevenb

Sounds good Noodley....you planning on drinking alcohol then?
Where's your Audax?

Noodley

stevenb said:
Sounds good Noodley....you planning on drinking alcohol then?
Where's your Audax?

No alcohol tonight. Audax starts in Dalmeny, over the Forth Bridge and then around a bit of Fife and back again. Means I have to be up at 5am :becool: Suppose I'd better go get the bike fettled.

All i had planned was grouting the quarry tiles in the new conservatory; but got a knock on the door and enticed to cycle to New Alresford for lunch with a mate. Most excellent ride, and quality food at the court yard cafe (highly recomended, not cheap but excellent food). A little bit of light rain on the way back.

All in all a great couple of hours out in the downs.... well happy and destressed :becool::biggrin::biggrin:

Windy

stevenb

Noodley said:
No alcohol tonight. Audax starts in Dalmeny, over the Forth Bridge and then around a bit of Fife and back again. Means I have to be up at 5am :becool: Suppose I'd better go get the bike fettled.

Blimey......thats an early start.
How long you planning to take on the ride mate?

Noodley

stevenb said:
Blimey......thats an early start.
How long you planning to take on the ride mate?

Ride starts at 8am and I'll be picking up my mate at 6am to drive down. As to how long it'll take will depend on how windy it is :sad: and how often I stop. But between 10 and 12 hours I suppose, including stops (probably 2). It'll not be fast - especially as I have only done two 200s so far this year and not much in between :becool:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
No cycling plans as yet. Went out to an massive staff party last night. Staff Parties rock when they go right :becool:. Many a drunken married persons that I avoided last night. Lab staff became wicked possessed little maniacs :sad:. Met a few new people. Hope everyone else has equal fun. Not a rugby person but will be enjoying Australian GP tomorrow.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Been out on a 26 mile fast ride (20 mph average over lumpy terrain - knackered) - then out into the garden for 3 hours - building raised beds for out veg patch - then digging - back complaining now but currently chilling with a cold beer and more in the fridge..... :blush:

Top Bottom