Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domd1979

Veteran
Going in search of a VW camper van...

domd1979

Veteran
Bay window...

I hired a splitty a couple of years back for a holiday, and it was fantastic. Have been hankering after a camper ever since. Prices of splitty vans are beyond what I can afford, so going after a bay window instead. Finally got round to actually going after one, as my car goes off lease soon, so I can hoof the car and use the money to fund a camper :biggrin:

Crackle said:
Old, modern.....in-between?

Milo

Guru
Me thinks it be raining in Wiltshire tommorow :biggrin:
Had to go to the hospital in bath at half 6 missed my last appointment didn't want to do the same again. this morning rained the whole time oh joy.
And the doctor made my mouth hurt still gotta get worse before it gets better.

Going to look at getting a new 'best' bike tomorrow:smile: I have my eye on a Wilier. Sunday moring will be the usual 50-60 miles, weather forecast looks promising:smile:

domd1979 said:
Bay window...

I hired a splitty a couple of years back for a holiday, and it was fantastic. Have been hankering after a camper ever since. Prices of splitty vans are beyond what I can afford, so going after a bay window instead. Finally got round to actually going after one, as my car goes off lease soon, so I can hoof the car and use the money to fund a camper :biggrin:

Ooooh nice. Know someone with a splitty. He had to import it from Canada to afford one. Still worked out cheaper than getting one from here. Bay window's nice though. Know somewhere in Wales that imports and does them up. LHD though. Not a problem once you're used to it.

If you get one join the AA you will need them!

On holiday a few years ago three VW campers arrived on the back of AA vans.

Hols are not a time to entrust everything in a 70 year old engine design in a 40 year old van. Yes they are cool but not when they are sitting on the hard sholder of the A303.

Also try "Just Kampers" in north Hampshire for bits. Good bloke runs it. I think he has eveything

domd1979

Veteran
Yep, fully intend to join the RAC :biggrin:

When I hired the splitty had to have the AA out to it after it got stuck in second gear on a single track lane in the middle of Wales. Linkage from the gear stick to the gear box had become detached!! Managed to pull it over into a gateway so that traffic could just about get through. Got some foul "what a stupid place to park" looks from people cos we were sat around drinking tea while waiting for the breakdown truck to appear!

At least they're reasonably simple on the mechanical front - no fangled engine management electronics to contend with ;) My grandad had a Beetle for the best part of 30 years which was looked after really well, can't ever remember that breaking down to be fair.

Over The Hill said:
If you get one join the AA you will need them!

On holiday a few years ago three VW campers arrived on the back of AA vans.

Hols are not a time to entrust everything in a 70 year old engine design in a 40 year old van. Yes they are cool but not when they are sitting on the hard sholder of the A303.

Also try "Just Kampers" in north Hampshire for bits. Good bloke runs it. I think he has eveything

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yenrod - hope you are chucking a brick through Mr Hinde's retail outlet then - Northwich - hmm not that nice - I worked there for 4 years - OK to pass through.....

Top Bottom