Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
Hopefully going to Deepdale to stuff Longers' lot.
hehehe...

gbb

Legendary Member
Sadly...and i dont want to put a downer on anyone's weekend...i dont think i'll be cycling much for a while.
My kid brother died suddenly on Weds, heart problems perhaps. Time will tell whats happened.

I really dont mean to make anyone to feel sad....but remember whats important in life. Times like these make me realise what a useless waste of time it is to get upset about things that are'nt really important.

I might try to get on the bike...i want to, it's a release for me even when all's well. The truth is my hearts hammering and it's given me piles...not very comfortable when you're on a bike seat.

Enjoy the weekend...really. Smile and be happy.

gbb said:
Sadly...and i dont want to put a downer on anyone's weekend...i dont think i'll be cycling much for a while.
My kid brother died suddenly on Weds, heart problems perhaps. Time will tell whats happened.

I really dont mean to make anyone to feel sad....but remember whats important in life. Times like these make me realise what a useless waste of time it is to get upset about things that are'nt really important.

I might try to get on the bike...i want to, it's a release for me even when all's well. The truth is my hearts hammering and it's given me piles...not very comfortable when you're on a bike seat.

My condolences to you, gbb. An event like that just makes my plans seem very trivial and unimportant

gbb

Legendary Member
Sorry longers et al.
Thanks andy.
Sorry, i shouldnt have used this thread, but it seemed appropriate at the time.
Nothings trivial or insignificant if it gives you pleasure over the weekend. Enjoy it, thats whats important.
Please dont let me stop you sharing your plans.....please keep the thread going.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Got first club TT on sunday. Only going for one lap of 10miles.
Not sure how many miles to do on Saturday. Think we going over to my aunties in the afternoon to see some family thats stopping at her house, but mainly to see the chickens shes just got. Wonna have a go at putting them all to sleep:evil:

stevenb

Hopefully getting out on bike tomorrow morning.
Housework.
Applying for a perm job in my team so will need to fill out internal app form I have....got my 1-2-1 on Monday with my Manager too...so she'll be going through my application with me....fingers crossed.
Perhaps out again on Sunday weather permitting....failing that it'll be the turbo trainer.:biggrin:

Horrible & shocking news GBB.

Go out and do that ride. Stop at a nice scenic point, take off your helmet and think good memories.

col

Legendary Member
gbb said:

Very sorry to hear this gbb,my thoughts are with you and your family.

Hugo15

Über Member
Mrs Hugo15 is out with the school run mums tonight, so I suspect that I will be trying to keep out of her hangover induced grump tomorrow :becool:.

Out on the bike on Sunday morning as per usual.

Might also try to persuade my 5 year old daughter that she should have a go on her bike without the stabilizers.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
gbb said:

Condolences. And you're right...
Do the ride, you deserve it.

Top Bottom