Plantar fasciitis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Had PF diagnosed by GP today, just another musculoskeletal ail, probably as a result of limping due to a knee injury

Gah!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

potsy

Rambler
Had PF diagnosed by GP today, just another musculoskeletal ail, probably as a result of limping due to a knee injury

Gah!!!! :angry::angry::angry:
I have what I think is this in my left foot, not diagnosed but a google search has almost convinced me it is.
Hideous, taking ages to get any better, probably a year now since it first flared up.

What have they recommended you do?

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I have what I think is this in my left foot, not diagnosed but a google search has almost convinced me it is.
Hideous, taking ages to get any better, probably a year now since it first flared up.

What have they recommended you do?
Some exercises including rolling on a drink can/rolling pin plus anti inflammatories. I expect the fact I am walking more and wearing different shoes for work has contributed

Exercises and info here (what GP gave me)

http://patient.info/health/heel-and-foot-pain-plantar-fasciitis

Need to determine the cause, as well as the knee injury I have extremely tight calves and stiff ankles

potsy

Rambler
Cycling is much easier than walking for me, being on my feet 12 hours a day at work is not helping.

Tried the heel inserts which made it worse, now on custom made insoles in my trainers which are helping a little.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
You can get orthotic insoles from Amazon for about £7. They are the exact same ones as my GP said to get from Boots or that I could get on prescription. I have the insoles in all my shoes and they rock. I've had PF for about 20 years, on and off, as my feet are very flat as I broke both my feet when I was about 18 months old and they were never the same again.

My other half had this after running a very hilly 10k with too little training.

The only thing that actually worked was to rest for several months :sad:

GWS

smudgerii

Hideous condition... I had surgery in Nov 15 to try and resolve the issue, 12 months on and no better off. I've refused the surgery on my other foot.

You can get a special 'sock' that stretches your achillies tendon, next on my list of things to try.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
The link I posted gives common causes

Unfortunately I can't wear trainers to work

For health and safety reasons ? Can get safety trainers but from the experience in here with PF and our workshop guys not great. My other half who is a Pod would probably suggest exercising as well as resting ( not easy if on feet all day in your job ) . Surgery in her view not very great odds of success. However her biggest criticism is folk coming into her clinic and complaining about the state of their feet but wearing totally in appropriate foot wear. Any way prosthetic shoe inserts work for a lot of people, however seek professional advice on the right choice of though.

Top Bottom