Plantar fasciitis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
For health and safety reasons ? Can get safety trainers but from the experience in here with PF and our workshop guys not great. My other half who is a Pod would probably suggest exercising as well as resting ( not easy if on feet all day in your job ) . Surgery in her view not very great odds of success. However her biggest criticism is folk coming into her clinic and complaining about the state of their feet but wearing totally in appropriate foot wear. Any way prosthetic shoe inserts work for a lot of people, however seek professional advice on the right choice of though.

No, because I work in an office with a smart dress code. My job involves sitting, good for foot, less good for knee which stiffens up (I've had a collapse of a portion of bone in my femur)

On Saturday, I wore some orthotic insoles previously provided by a physio (walking quite a lot) and the pain was actually worse, so I'll avoid those

I'm early into this, I did similar previously and it cleared up, caused by some boots which may also partly be the culprit again. Hopefully, as the knee damage heals and improves and I limp less, the foot will improve :smile:

I have exercises and stretches to do (as mentioned up thread) and I can use an exercise bike. The crosstrainer was bearable but probably not the best equipment for the foot

smudgerii

Ime. The insoles hurt because they work by forcing the foot into the correct position/structure. Overtime the pain lessens as the foot improves.

The trick is to wear them for a hour then build up.

Dress code shouldn't be an issue.

Your employer should be able to adapt to your problems. I can't see them gettin away with forcing you into a dress shoe with a physical injury. I'm sure if you made them aware of the issue and the problems with dress shoes that they would allow trainers.

Health and fitness is far more important than a dress code.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I'll work it out. Thanks

Working at home today to give the foot a rest (and the weather is foul)

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Ime. The insoles hurt because they work by forcing the foot into the correct position/structure. Overtime the pain lessens as the foot improves.

The trick is to wear them for a hour then build up.
I've had them a long time. I think they hurt because they are hard and I was standing around in the cold (watching fireworks)

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
There is a link between weight and PF. I know you've said before you've put a bit on with not being able to get on the bike but this might be a good time to take it back off, even a little may help.
I'm trying. thanks. I'm actually the same weight I was at the beginning of the year, and my foot was fine. It's linked to limping on the knee, as the timing of the foot pain starting coincides with the injury to the bone

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I had PF in both feet. I went to a acupuncturist who put needles in both my heels. Talk about hit the ceiling. Sh17 that hurts.

I had 3 sessions of that and it didnt help.

She then put small studs in the top of my ears which were taped in place. Within a day I could feel the difference. Within a month it had almost gone altogether.

Just a suggestion.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I've had lots of acupuncture in leg, back, shoulder, elbow (dry needling actually, rather that more oriental practice you are describing with the ear studs) ...sometimes it helps, sometimes not. If I need to see the physio because it's not clearing it up, it might be worth considering.

I've had very mixed results, but generally minimal pain or discomfort. I think it's made me sceptical just because I've seen no consistent benefit

Tilley

Über Member
I had this after hill running, exercise with a golf ball, painful but effective but you do have to persevere.

smudgerii

You can also use a smal plastic bottle filled with water and frozen to roll your foot on. Added benefit of icing the inflammation also

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Still got this. What a bloody horrible condition!

So back to the Physio next week...directly before getting my recovering shoulder tortured by one of his colleagues!

The ice bottle rolling is mildly pleasant, the tennis ball rolling not so much :ohmy: (I found a golf ball too small in the end)

JD42

Hills are nature's way of culling the weak
Still got this. What a bloody horrible condition!

So back to the Physio next week...directly before getting my recovering shoulder tortured by one of his colleagues!

The ice bottle rolling is mildly pleasant, the tennis ball rolling not so much :ohmy: (I found a golf ball too small in the end)
Cortisone injections cleared mine up. This was a few years ago now and not nice having a bloody great needle pushed up into your heel through the sole of your foot but did the job.

Top Bottom