Playing with wheels.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PHL67

Veteran
4466261A-FF91-48B6-9436-7B7EA55451E1.jpeg
4E69EEA3-774E-4A6A-B156-1CB899F5DECE.jpeg
F17818B8-D9BC-423E-8E6A-8DFE1868626B.jpeg
Been playing with my wheels off the Viscount Aerospace Pro Am today.

Front done rear to do.

Front not done yet. You need to correct the spoke line and stress relieve.

midlife

Guru
Valve hole in correct place with spokes "parallel" :smile: are they the original hubs with sealed bearings?

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Valve hole in correct place with spokes "parallel" :smile:
Which is more than the Holdsworth wheelbuilder managed on the Mistral I have here. Also used spokes that were too long and filed them down. And the fork steerer isn't in the crown very straight. You can see why most bikes are built in Taiwan now - we were crap at it!

midlife

Guru
Which is more than the Holdsworth wheelbuilder managed on the Mistral I have here. Also used spokes that were too long and filed them down. And the fork steerer isn't in the crown very straight. You can see why most bikes are built in Taiwan now - we were crap at it!

3 day week jobby?

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Should look at some non-Schwinn American bikes of the period. Schwinn's World Sport came out in the late 1970's, seemed light, made much better, great bike for commuting, still. Made in Taiwan. Cost $100, no one could believe it. I believe Giant made them.

Top Bottom