pleasantly surprised!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I have not been for a ride since jannuary 31st and as I had a bit of time to spare this afternoon and the weather was good, I went for a ride. Ok, it was only 10 miles but I expected my legs to protest after a while. I set up the endomondo and off I went. When I got back, I was pleased that my average speed had not changed so I am a happy chap.^_^

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I too went out today the first time since 25 January due to sciatica only went 5.25 miles to Salisburys, but I did enjoy being back on the bike again :smile:

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
For one reason or another i have not been past a cpl of miles since Dec , so out this weekend for a 20-30 miler, really looking forward to stretching the legs.

byegad

Legendary Member
Yes. I'd missed four weeks of riding, Week by week I'd had, a cold/sore throat/ Asthma and cold again/ sore throat again. This had seen off any chance of riding. So when I got out on Monday for a 17 mile loop I was somewhat slower than usual, and the wind was blowing quite hard! But Yesterday I got out and did the same ride a little faster despite the even stronger wind.

All in all it was great to be out again.

My riding was pretty limited last year due to the weather/studying, other than 5 min spins on the turbo I went for months without touching the road. When I jumped on the bike I was pleasantly surprised with a few weeks training and a bust open ankle, I managed to do 18.3mph non stop on the 81 mile Etape Caledonia , without drafting. In the months afterwards, I felt like I was gradually getting worse however. I put it down to lack of road base miles; only later to discover it was a dodgy rear hub :blush:
I came down with the flu at the weekend and I'm still choked xx( so I might be off the bike for a bit again, hopefully not as long this time :sad:

Top Bottom