Please be careful on roundabouts...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
You hear about these things on the forum - but today it was my turn to witness it...

This morning there was a cyclist hit by a car on the RAB of the A426 Blaby Bypass in Leicester, for those of you that know it.

Don't know the details of it, but judging by the position of the stopped car and the abandoned bike, as I rode past the ambulance (it's on my route to work), the cyclist was on the circulatory and the car was attempting to join the RAB.

Please be careful on RABs. Not saying this was the case this morning, but please don't hug the outside edge of RABs. Stay in primary. The RAB in question joins 2 stretches of 70 dual carriageway so it's even more important to be in primary.

I hope s/he's OK and makes a speedy recovery.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Crikey, I thought you were posting that it's you who crashed. I'm glad it's not, though of course I'm sad for the other cyclist.

Pete

BentMikey said:
Crikey, I thought you were posting that it's you who crashed. I'm glad it's not, though of course I'm sad for the other cyclist.
Hope this doesn't sound callous, but I actually breathe a sigh of relief when I read about a crash and then realise it's the poster himself/herself who's crashed. At least I know they're alive and kicking, and well enough to post a message on the forum. Hope the same can be said for the victim of this one.

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
BentMikey said:
No, I'm fine thanks.
It does bring home the stark reality of the dangers out there, though.

Top Bottom