Please don't f***k

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Yesterday someone shouted "get off the road" as they drove past, which was nice.

Overtake wasn't particularly close or dangerous though. If I hadn't been turning off, I would have been bound to catch them at the lights in which case I would have calmly asked them what they meant exactly.

Last night, turning into our village off the main road, a truck drifted out to turn right onto the road I was leaving, blocking the filter lane. I rode round the front of him (he couldn't join the nose-to-tail moton queue), and he shouted, incongruously, 'Get a helmet!'

I think I was a bit thrown (and was concentrating on the manoeuvre rather than honing my eloquence), but I found myself responding 'Get an idea about...it!'

I have no idea what I was talking about. But I didn't swear.

gavintc said:
What I love about Italy is that 'road rage' seems almost non-existent. You make a suitable gesture, you toot the horn; but that is it. It is forgotten about in an instant. People pull out and you just relax and take in your stride. It is the norm.
My only experience of cycling it Italy (well and Island off Italy, Sardinia) was the horn was maybe used more but in that soft/ short, friendly toot (several car lengths back, rather than right behind you) just to let you know they are there and sometimes just to say hello :laugh:

Jezston

Über Member
In Morroco people use their horns as a constant communication device, and they don't seem to be bothered by all the slow moving horse+carts on the road and lack of pedestrian crossings meaning you just have to step out, and everyone stops to let you past without any problem. Never noticed any bicycles out there though, roads aren't really suitable!

Top Bottom