Please don't wear helmets*!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Not evasive at all, I didn't have the quotes when I first responded so was going from memory.

Now we have the actual posts we don't need to make assumptions, there for all to see

Put downs lol, get over yourself, I've been abused and others have avoided numerous questions yet you fixate on me, jumping on the band wagon?
I questioned one post, in which you said you never said it, but you'd say it the same way again.
If you never said something, your admission, how would you be able to say the same thing you never said in the first place?

Very simple question really.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
do we always need to bicker so?

This who-said-what when stuff isn't enthralling.

Robust challenge yes, but c'mon..

david k

Hi
I questioned one post, in which you said you never said it, but you'd say it the same way again.
If you never said something, your admission, how would you be able to say the same thing you never said in the first place?
Very simple question really.
Your right how could anyone do that? It must have been I described it wrong or you read it wrong, take your pick it doesn't matter one jot to me but if it makes you feel better

classic33

Leg End Member
Your right how could anyone do that? It must have been I described it wrong or you read it wrong, take your pick it doesn't matter one jot to me but if it makes you feel better
So you choose to do what you accuse others of doing. Evade answering the question.

david k

Hi
So you choose to do what you accuse others of doing. Evade answering the question.
Answered it numerous times, what is it you want ffs it's like having a stalker, what answer would you prefer?

Read the posts it's all there, nothing to add that hasn't already been said, you continually asking the same question and claiming it's not been answered doesn't mean it hasn't, that's you own confusion and lack of ability to read the posts

classic33

Leg End Member
Do you deny others haven't answered posts!?

Do you stalk them?
The question was asked of yourself, no-one else. And as yet remains unanswered, by yourself. If I were to ask someone else why you said what you did and how they thought it should/could be answered how would you feel if they answered for you?

Dan B

Disengaged member
I don't think I've ever been hit by flying debris that's much beyond an errant bumble bee
I had a wasp fly into my helmet vent once, that was painful

JMAG

Über Member

From your link

Studies show that cyclists who chose to wear helmets are more likely to obey traffic signs, wear high visibility clothing, have higher socioeconomic status, use lights at night, ride in parks, playgrounds, or on bicycle paths, rather than city streets, (in the US) be white rather than other races. . .

That's a bit disparaging towards cyclists who don't wear helmets, but must be true because a study said so lol

Profpointy

Legendary Member
From your link

That's a bit disparaging towards cyclists who don't wear helmets, but must be true because a study said so lol

yeah non helmet wearers jumping red lights, wobblin' about all over the road whilst cycling on the pavement not payin' any effin' road tax....
.... The Daily.Mail was right all along

david k

Hi
The question was asked of yourself, no-one else. And as yet remains unanswered, by yourself. If I were to ask someone else why you said what you did and how they thought it should/could be answered how would you feel if they answered for you?
I answered it, what's so hard to understand?
I didn't have access to the original post so was trying to recall four years later what was written.
I denied the sentiments that were quoted
I explained that I either had a poor choice of words or it was read wrong, but my intentions would be the same if not the words
We then found the posts
I was happy with the way they read and therefore draw the conclusion that they have been misquoted to suit certain posters agendas

Jees what is so hard to understand, didn't realise I would have to spell it out for you, surely you could have read that for yourself without the need to stalk me

Now, are you going to do the same to the others? I won't hold my breath

classic33

Leg End Member
I answered it, what's so hard to understand?
I didn't have access to the original post so was trying to recall four years later what was written.

The link from Dan B is the post we are talking about and I never wrote what you claim. I would put it the same way I did then, perfectly reasonable, everyone can read the post
http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/giro-helmets-huge-appreciation.82379/page-36#post-1481623

So four years after telling me to F off how would you put it differently?

How would User13710 defend you finding out my original post is different than you claim
I'm only asking about a post made in this thread, by yourself, highlighted above. Not something you said four years ago. If something was never said, in theory it would be impossible to "put it the same way again".

Any other question, asked by me, has been answered.

young Ed

Veteran
always the car drivers fault? i would disagree. what if a cyclist hopping a red light gets hit by on coming traffic with right of way and no chance to see said cyclist? that is a hypothetical situation but a very possible one but this one's 100% real

i have a very dear friend who at the age of 10 was stopped at a crossing on her bike along with another un connected lady and as the car at the front of a queue of cars was sitting still at a green light my friend and the other lady assumed the car had stopped to let them cross, so they crossed and as they did so the driver of said stopped car looked up from her phone saw the green light and put pedal to the metal killing my friend and putting the other lady in a wheel chair for life.
so who was at fault here, the driver for fiddling with phone and not looking before taking off or my friend and the other lady for crossing when the car traffic light was on green? were neither at fault, or both?

i forget what the judge ruled and what , if anything the driver received in court
Cheers Ed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom