Please help me fix my bum.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RAYMOND

Never suffered ass rash until 2 days ago when I did my first 50 miler.. even then it was only a bit red and as gone now, just cycled 27 miles this morning without a problem.

Listen to the guys.. don't wear anything ever..under padded shorts..

now man up, put some parafin on the said area and get out there riding :smile:

p.s the paraffin was a joke:biggrin:

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Many thanks for all the advice. I went to the chemist and invested in some Sudocrem and some Savlon. The Sacred Temple that is My Body has been well and truly anointed. I tried the Sudocrem for the trip to work and it seems pretty good. I'll give the Savlon a whirl for the trip home.

Ajay

Veteran
I once bought a tub of Assos stuff then realised that it was an expensive version of other creams. Sudocrem is my choice now. Sorry to disagree with other posts but during the winter months I'll wear running trousers underneath bib shorts with no issues, even on 80-100 mile rides.

Really? I think your bib shorts may be too big!!

ayceejay

Guru
The problem is the moisture (sweat) this is why shorts with a pad that wicks sweat away need to be worn next to the skin, any thing between shorts and skin (especially thermals) will create the opposite effect. I suggest that you use something to dry the skin in that fold before using any cream meant to lubricate, a talcum powder for athletes foot will do the trick.

Just to add my two penneth...Sudocrem all the way...really suffering at the moment for the first time in 4 years and it's really helping me through. Just make sure you don't double dip ...i.e. use the same finger on a double application. I'm not sure whether this is a definite no-no but seems good practice to me!!!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If sudocrem doesn't fix it, and it still stays red and a bit raw, go get some lamisil - it's for jock itch and athletes foot. Works a treat.

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
If sudocrem doesn't fix it, and it still stays red and a bit raw, go get some lamisil - it's for jock itch and athletes foot. Works a treat.
It's not in the area where Scrot-Rot (as it was known at school) develops. It's further round the back. I'm pretty sure it's just some slightly raw skin, not a fungal infection. Anyway, I'll give the Savlon a test in about 45 minutes.

fossyant

It can show in different ways. In my case my skin just got red and sore on the top of my legs. Nothing would stop it until I whacked on some lamisil.

Savlon and sudocrem are the front line stuff. Sudocrem lasts 'longer' on the skin.

fossyant

It most certainly does. I found it almost impossible to get it off my fingers this morning, even with soap and water. Weird stuff!

And don't over apply it or it will seep through your grundies and your trousers. Don't ask me how I know. Black suit pants are the worse ! :tongue:

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Have a word with @PaulB he is trialling a medical barrier cream as a chamois cream. Sure it would be very good for that sort of situation.
@PaulB got in contact with me this afternoon by PM. It seems that my bum is a highly valued research resource. He is sending me , very kindly, a sample of his wonder-gunk. I'm sure it will get to the bottom of it.

BTW, the Savlon was great on the five miles home but a hit a minor hole which jarred my fundaments. Damn, it hurt.

Top Bottom