Please help with frame sizes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TonyB1966

Hi, If anybody can advise I would really appreciate it. I'm looking at purchasing a Boardman MX Hybrid Sport. On Boardmans website it says that the medium frame (49cm) is suitable for between 5' 6" & 6' tall. I am 5' 8" & have tried this size/brand bike in my local Halfords. When I am standing with my feet on the floor there is little or no clearance between the top bar & my vulnerable bits. Is this bike too big for me even though Boardmans says otherwise?? I'm worried that I go for the small frame (45cm) & it's too small. Thanks in advance.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I'm 5'8 and have the small 45
It's perfect for me..
I have the rigid fork team bike

The 49 was far too big

Just a quick edit ..my inside leg is 30"

Last edited:

chr15b

Über Member
I have the Boardman Team Hybrid in a Medium/49 model and I'm 5'8" and find it's perfect. I guess as we're the same height, maybe my legs are a little longer - did you try the small frame?

I have the MX Comp in a size Large, I'm about 5ft 11, and it's about as big as I can comfortably manage with the sizes are on the large side, so if I were you, I'd have a look at the small frame.

vickster

Legendary Member
Maybe look at other bikes if the shape and size of that one doesn't suit you. Go to Evans who offer easy on road test rides. Or Cycle Republic who also do the sane unlike their Halfords parent

OP
OP
T

TonyB1966

As long as its pressing into your Crown Jewels you should be okay. Did you try to ride it? Above advise is good.
Do you mean as long as it's NOT pressing into my Crown Jewels?

Top Bottom