Please kick me off my fat a%rse and .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
Was that on the Brentwood Road near Ingrave BTFB? I have only seen chidren being taught to cross the road once and this is where it was.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

Was that on the Brentwood Road near Ingrave BTFB? I have only seen chidren being taught to cross the road once and this is where it was

no. Although that road is on one of my regular loops. This was in Basildon....I knew I was there because the toddlers were swearing and beating the crap out of the teachers!

...I got hit by a lorry on that road and sent flying onto the kerb...kids need to learn how to survive the morons on that road. I have seen a group of kids up there who were in the company of two police officers and some teachers. The police had flagged down a speeding moron and 'introduced' it to the kids to explain why it was speeding and risking their lives. Great policing IMHO ...

jashburnham

Wind I can deal with, but I hate riding in the rain - hence the training is suffering. I can't face splashing out for a turbo, let alone actually using it, just looks so dull.

Keith Oates

Janner
Riding the bike is obviously the best solution, but if the weather or other circumstances prevent that, then using a turbo or indoor trainer is better than doing nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

..even if I could aford a turbo I wouldnt get one...I have a list a mile long of other gear i want before that...besides there is no room in the garage.

Blue

Legendary Member
jashburnham said:
Wind I can deal with, but I hate riding in the rain - hence the training is suffering. I can't face splashing out for a turbo, let alone actually using it, just looks so dull.

A turbo is worse than dull. I can't stay on one for more than 40mins. However, 40mins is better than nothing in my book as it prevents losing that important routine that an exercise regime requires. Having said that, it's the only bit of kit I resent having spent money on!!

snorri

Legendary Member
Bigtallfatbloke said:
..besides there is no room in the garage.

I have another idea:smile:
If the weather is really really bad, then spend the day getting the junk cleared from the garage. This will avoid a situation later in the year when the wife demands you clear the garage when you would prefer to go cycling.:biggrin:

ChrisKH

Guru
snorri said:
I have another idea:smile:
If the weather is really really bad, then spend the day getting the junk cleared from the garage. This will avoid a situation later in the year when the wife demands you clear the garage when you would prefer to go cycling.:biggrin:

I do this four times a year, working out different storage combinations for the bikes, where I can put a workstand, where I can anchor my roadbike, etc. My wife hates it. Says if I don't come in and do some real work I'll find a bed in there too.;)

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Keith Oates said:
Riding the bike is obviously the best solution, but if the weather or other circumstances prevent that, then using a turbo or indoor trainer is better than doing nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No.Doing nothing is far better than going on the turbo. In fact, lying face down on a bed of nails while fully naked under a wasps nest with a pound of honey shoved up your arse is better than a turbo.

walker

Smokin Joe said:
No.Doing nothing is far better than going on the turbo. In fact, lying face down on a bed of nails while fully naked under a wasps nest with a pound of honey shoved up your arse is better than a turbo.

So Rollers it is then :biggrin:

yenrod

Bigtallfatbloke said:
....tell me to go for a ride in this bloody aweful wet and windy weather! Looking ot the window it's raining hard, cold and windy...I have a cup of tea and it is telling me to stay put.... but my riding has dropped off by about 50% since Christmas and I am starting to put on weight again...

...I need a size 13 boot up my arse...dont let me down.:biggrin:

Big' - I went running last night = enlightening experience: all that fat wobbling around definately made me realise I need to get off my fat lazy ass ! :biggrin:

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

..Ha! Yeah I tried running a few years ago. Signe dup at the gym and hit the treadmill. 20 minutes later I had torn the cartiledge in my knee and couldnt walk properly for months...then the docs made me have an operation. Impact sports arnt good for me, which is why I like cycling.

Top Bottom