Please Make It Stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
I've been carrying a Topeak pump for the last year in my panniers, the other day i picked up the 30 year old Blummels 19 inch pump that came with the bike and it's lighter and quicker to inflate a tyre ! So the Topeak's gone back into it's frame mount and another expensive bit of kit resigned to the shed.

Plax

Guru
I don't think it will ever end. I'm doomed like every one else. I'm on my 3rd bike since October. 3 bikes in less than 12 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No wonder I'm always skint :biggrin:.
Hopefully this will be the last. I now have a tourer, hybrid and MTB with no room left to put any more bikes.

trio25

Über Member
I try and explain to my OH that all these things are essential. I'm now at the stage of needing new wheels for my mtb, but the OH doesn't understand. I have had the bike over a year!

neslon

The growler is happy with her bike, and understands why boy 1 & 2 needed new bikes. She sort of understood why boy 1 needed my old road bike so that I could have a new one. The MTB I could explain, but the hybrid and the fixie are beginning to stretch her patience. The hardest thing is trying to explain why at least two HAVE to be kept in the kitchen...

domtyler

Über Member
neslon said:
The growler is happy with her bike, and understands why boy 1 & 2 needed new bikes. She sort of understood why boy 1 needed my old road bike so that I could have a new one. The MTB I could explain, but the hybrid and the fixie are beginning to stretch her patience. The hardest thing is trying to explain why at least two HAVE to be kept in the kitchen...

xx(:eek::ohmy::eek:

Come on Crock - 'Kingston Upon Thames'...that's at least a Giro Atmos worth of head protection...xx(

Lidl Aldi track pumps are good enough - but if you can't wait, get to a big Tescoffs - they have them, along with a lot of cheapo lights, small rucksacks, trouser clips etc and 'stuff' to eventually bung in your spares box. (B&Q sell nasty must have boxes for such a purpose:biggrin:)

jashburnham

It never does, in 6 years I went from a Ridgeback Hybrid to a Pinarello Prince, via a Specialized Allez, a Focus Variado and a Wilier Mortirolo (oh and a Pearson Touche). I don't even want to think about how much i've spent on clothing, parts, wheels etc. But hey, if ya love something where's the harm? My excuse is that I don't own a car which kinda puts the spending into some sort of perspective!

cupoftea

Jas do you actually use that to commute on everyday?

I'm not having a go, it just sooooo clean, I'd be afraid to break something like that. ( Oh and the wife would'nt let me spend that sort of money )

As far as buying bits my wifes OK as I normaly I show her the broken worn out bits, wheels, tyres, gear bits, and clothing. But then I'm still riding the same frame I have for the last 14 years.

She even suggested that I buy a new bike!

jashburnham

cupoftea said:
Jas do you actually use that to commute on everyday?

I'm not having a go, it just sooooo clean, I'd be afraid to break something like that. ( Oh and the wife would'nt let me spend that sort of money )

As far as buying bits my wifes OK as I normaly I show her the broken worn out bits, wheels, tyres, gear bits, and clothing. But then I'm still riding the same frame I have for the last 14 years.

She even suggested that I buy a new bike!

God no, I commute on my singlespeed! The Prince is for weekends, century rides, sportives etc - ok so it's for anything other than commuting and pootling. I've kept the Focus as well, that's my winter training bike! Luckily I am single so there's no one to moan about me keeping 3 bikes in the flat!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Plax said:
Hopefully this will be the last. I now have a tourer, hybrid and MTB with no room left to put any more bikes.
I can't help noticing that you don't list a lightweight race bike in that, or a recumbent. Or...

Plax

Guru
John the Monkey said:
I can't help noticing that you don't list a lightweight race bike in that, or a recumbent. Or...

He, he. Don't think I'd ever get a recumbent, but I have thought about a race bike. I donated the MTB to my sister on Sunday. She is downgrading jobs and wants to save money. She only works about a mile away from work, will be working 9-5 and it's all flat so suggested she cycle. But as my dad said when I brought the bike down and set it up for her, "It'll probably not last long".
So I do have that extra space for another bike..............

Top Bottom