1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please, PLease Stop

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by walker, 23 Aug 2007.

1. walker

walker New Member

Can the rain please just give it a rest. I've got to cycle home in this tonight

2. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

What rain ? Lovely n sunny here m8 :biggrin:

3. CotterPin

CotterPin Senior Member

Raining again here. Was planning on a couple of circuits of Regents Park on way home - think I'll have to knock that on the head.

4. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

And here. No rain for a couple of days. Mostly blue sky. Sunny and warm.

5. Regulator

Regulator Egregious Professor of Cruel and Unusual Geography

*Slaps Mr Paul for being so smug... and dry* :biggrin:

6. magnatom

magnatom Guest

No rain here in Glasgow for at least 3 days now. Must be global warming.....mumble grumble...:biggrin:

7. col

col Veteran

Been nice here for a couple of days too:biggrin:

8. BentMikey

BentMikey Rider of Seolferwulf

You lot need another slap!!! I'm getting well peeved, I've had to cancel 5 lessons today and I'm missing my endorphin hit. Well grumpy.

9. peejay78

peejay78 Well-Known Member

it's my fault. it was raining in london, so i went to devon and it started raining in devon the minute i stepped off the yokel train. after a week of damp, i returned to the big smoke, cue more rainfall and by all accounts, glorious sunshine in devonshire.

i am cursed.

10. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

there's no such thing as the wrong weather, just the wrong clothes (billy connolly)

and yes it was dry here too :biggrin:

11. Road Fiddler

Road Fiddler New Member

Rain has not been much of an issue for me the last couple of days but the wind has, yesterday was bad cycling into work, a gusting head wind all the way into work, i hoped it was going to be a tail wind on the way home but instead it was gusting in from the side.

When i cycled before i loved the wind but it bloody near killed me yesterday i cursed the whole time i was on the bike.

12. DustBowlRefugee

DustBowlRefugee Über Member

Been raining here since last Friday when I got back from Evans with my new bike.:biggrin::sad:xx(:sad:

13. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

So it was well and truly Christened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

that's known as the law of sod, which made the sun come out after i'd spent a saturday wrestling with mudguards for the winter bike :biggrin:

15. DustBowlRefugee

DustBowlRefugee Über Member

Erm, not really! It came home in the back of the Landrover and has been annoying my wife in the dining room ever since (can't see what she's moaning about - I think it looks great in there). This morning looks more promising though.....