Please review, only if it's good...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
errrr, the guy posted here after the refund so obviously he still has something to say. Does he need your approval?

He hasn't asked for anyone's approval - not even yours.

Although the matter got resolved in the end I believe he does have a point to make to Evans "don't treat your customers like that!!!" Do you approve? ^_^

He can say it on here obviously, but not on Evans' own website. Which is not unreasonable. That's the point I'm making. Do you approve?

OP
OP
mattobrien

mattobrien

Guru
Thanks for all comments so far and apologies for the typos in the OP, I would like to blame it on tapping it out on the iPad, but I suspect there was a fair amount of human error too. Pedantic bunch us cyclists :whistle:

I didn't get a refund, I got a replacement pair of mitts and I am hoping to get more than 9 months of use out of them before they fail.

I would expect a pair of mitts to last more than 9 months,otherwise they could quickly become one of cyclings more expensive consumables.

I have seen plenty of reviews on Evans on how Evans, as a business, did well and how wonderfully they handled things. Clearly this is not about the product, but about Evans, which was allowed, so why not allow balanced feedback. You know what, a little negative feedback from time to time helps to make the positive feedback more credible. Also there is also ways the right to respond to feedback, turning a negative into a positive.

Sadly the review was completed on their website and I didn't keep a copy of it. I tried to be fair and balanced as I always tend to apply a weighting to reviews based on the review itself and its contents.

I do find myself ordering less and less from Evans now as often it is possible to get better prices or quicker postage from some of the other online retailers.

I have seen plenty of reviews on Evans on how Evans, as a business, did well and how wonderfully they handled things. Clearly this is not about the product, but about Evans, which was allowed, so why not allow balanced feedback. You know what, a little negative feedback from time to time helps to make the positive feedback more credible. Also there is also ways the right to respond to feedback, turning a negative into a positive.

Bear in mind the Evans website is not an 'open forum' - it is a commercial venture designed to promote and support Evans' business activities - built, supported and operated for their benefit. There would be no reason to expect them to permit people to criticise their business or service on their own website. By the same token, praising it would be perfectly permissable, I would think.

400bhp

Guru
errrr, the guy posted here after the refund so obviously he still has something to say. Does he need your approval?

Although the matter got resolved in the end I believe he does have a point to make to Evans "don't treat your customers like that!!!" Do you approve? ^_^

I find terms like that extremely condescending. Wish people wouldn't use them.

Top Bottom