Please say I'm not the only one that's ill

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
My kids come home with great presents for me from school- drawings, pasta models, chesty ruddy coughs that's been here for a week.
Can't believe the driest nicest cycling weather in an age and I'm struggling to climb stairs without coughing myself into a frenzy.
Anyone else loathing the nice weather? And wishing to either be fit enough to ride or for it to just go away and come back in a few weeks? :banghead:

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
My kids come home with great presents for me from school- drawings, pasta models, chesty ruddy coughs that's been here for a week.
Can't believe the driest nicest cycling weather in an age and I'm struggling to climb stairs without coughing myself into a frenzy.
Anyone else loathing the nice weather? And wishing to either be fit enough to ride or for it to just go away and come back in a few weeks? :banghead:

I've got a broken leg...it's been 25 to 30 decG over here (Bern) for a while now...not happy, especially as I live in the country at the bottom of a hill and can hear freewheels clicking past my window all day!!

mustang1

Legendary Member
I'm under the weather. Yesterday I was extremely tired from doing zero activity so its obviously the bug. This morning I struggled into work but still found it immensely enjoyable considering:

A. I have cycled regularly for 1.5 years
B. I got this bug.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Be reassured:
  • You are not the only one who is ill
  • You are not the only one peed off about it! (I wait 7 years for a decent summer and then I can't take advantage of it when it finally arrives ... I'm just hoping that Aug/Sept are as good as July and that I am well enough by then to do some decent rides.)

Nope, not the only one. I can't sleep through the nights without coughing up my guts at least 2 or 3 times with bad asthma attacks and my body is still fighting to get over whatever took me out 10 weeks ago - now on my 5th week of antibiotics in that time frame.
However, today I managed my first bike ride since falling in at the beginning of May. I would normally have covered around 800-1,000km a month without trying. But I have to confess I don't mind not being on the bike is really hot weather - which for me is anything over 20C because I burn badly (red hair, fair skinned and born in Glasgow) and can't cope very well with the heat, so I went out this morning to avoid the hottest part of the day and it promptly clouded over when I got home and is now cooler than it was this morning!:wacko:

OP
OP
helston90

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
My employer sent me to the Docs after 10 days of no signs of improvement and turns out I have a large chest infection- affecting most of my left hand lung, hence the difficultly with breathing. Now been signed off for the rest of the week until my penicillin kicks in and instructed to rest- which is tricky in the sun, listening to the TDF (every cloud)

Top Bottom