Please use the contact us feature in future.

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Twitter works in the same way. I think we all agree to a code of conduct. It is a busy forum and maybe the volunteers just can’t cope with the extra workload by telling each and every person when there has been an infringement.
They do tell you. You get a "reminder". My understanding is the current mods think the message we get sets out the points, but it doesn't. It doesn't even come across as a warning, just friendly advice. So we aren't asking for more moderator work, just rewording the messages they already send.

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
So we aren't asking for more moderator work, just rewording the messages they already send.

What 'we' are asking for if 'we' are not careful is for Shaun to close the site.

It makes no money and is a time drain.

There are now threats of complaints to regulators from members, and no doubt some of the mods are getting hacked off with all the twisting so some of them may throw their hand in.

All of that eventually comes back to Shaun.

If you were him, what would you do?

Put in a load more time and effort to sort it only for the whole sorry saga to repeat itself in future - it always does - or pull the plug?

The latter option must be tempting.

User269

I'm shocked to hear that people get banned/suspended, then still come back here. Anyway, I thought maybe I'd like to give it a try, so how do you get banned?

Meanwhile, vita brevis est, tunc non morietur, as we say here in Dorset.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

If you were him, what would you do?
I would make sure that my mods made sure that if they banned somebody they actually knew what they were being banned for, otherwise it's a pointless exercise, the banned person on their return will still not know the reason. I would also ensure that if the mods are advising people to use a specific function that a) that function worked as they believed it b) that the mods replied to the questioned asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom