Please use the contact us feature in future.

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

You've closed down the thread on banning with that as your final comment, but with all due respect, this doesn't work, nobody seems to get a response. You all may believe you are responding to us, but we aren't getting them

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I used the contact us button for clarification of a previous moderation decision. I wait 24+ hours and get no reply. Finally in desperation I start a thread here, and get accused of "not taking no for an answer".

Poor George must be turning in his grave.
Orwellian? It feels more Kafkaesque to me.

Whats the point of having a Site Support board only to be told to use Contact Us instead?
Well, site support is publically visible and creates a record of the conversation that all parties can read, subject to it remaining in place unedited of course. The 'Report' and 'Contact' forms create a record that the site mods and admins can read but users, including the user who is reporting or contacting, can't.

Given the emphasis on moderating and moderation decisions being 'private' - whether or not you think that is a good thing - it's perhaps unsurprising that threads regarding moderating and moderation decisions get locked.

However I didn't actually think that @User3094 was questioning a decision or discussing moderating - it sounded to me like a feature request.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I forget (and take for granted) that this is a free and valuable resource run by volunteers.

Whenever I do free work or heavily discounted work for clients, they are the first ones to bleat for negligible reasons.

When I charge full rates, those clients are the most likely to value my knowledge, skills and time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

I forget (and take for granted) that this is a free and valuable resource run by volunteers.
Whenever I do free work or heavily discounted work for clients, they are the first ones to bleat for negligible reasons.
When I charge full rates, those clients are the most likely to value my knowledge, skills and time.
Nobody is saying that the Moderators are not valued, but as many people have pointed out the system which they appear to rely on is not working, if I read their comments correctly they believe they are advising people why decisions have been made, however from what other people are stating these reasons are not being relayed to the people concerned.

Andrew_P

In between here and there

It might be run for free as in volunteer but to the owner it is, or attempted to be a business. That and community funded as per the last very successful funding drive

I think shutting down threads where someone has been banned without warning is just wrong, even more so as who knows if their card is marked or why?

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Nobody is saying that the Moderators are not valued, but as many people have pointed out the system which they appear to rely on is not working, if I read their comments correctly they believe they are advising people why decisions have been made, however from what other people are stating these reasons are not being relayed to the people concerned.

Twitter works in the same way. I think we all agree to a code of conduct. It is a busy forum and maybe the volunteers just can’t cope with the extra workload by telling each and every person when there has been an infringement. They seem a decent bunch and I’m sure they would love to, but simply can’t.

Last edited:

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
It might be run for free as in volunteer but to the owner it is, or attempted to be a business. That and community funded as per the last very successful funding drive

I think shutting down threads where someone has been banned without warning is just wrong, even more so as who knows if their card is marked or why?

You have a point about it being a minor revenue centre, but my opinions are in post #15.

I am pretty laid back about the spats that go on though.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
You have a point about it being a minor revenue centre, but my opinions are in post #15.

I am pretty laid back about the spats that go on though.
It's not even the revenue side it would just be a decent and reasonable thing to do. They have a current email address and they know the ban reason the fact they don't inform anyone is at best ignorant or at worst deliberately done to make the person feel worse.

For all I know everytime I am critical of the site or the site owner I could be accruing points, or for my love of SRAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom