Plumbing !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
Been busy doing other things, but have at last finished copper plumbing.
Electrical go on this week to try out tank fully.
20230312_113933.jpg

CXRAndy

Guru
Spent all day drilling a core, sorting different connectors. We now have 32mm water supply from new water main laid outside property.

Two young fellas worked hard reinstating dug trench, hedgerow.

Temporary fixture to indoor. When we renovate the property I will get the internal copper upgrade from 15mm to 28mm and 22mm for main runs

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Shower tray at the static caravan has started leaking - it's got a couple of cracks. I've filled these with silicone. It's not straight forward replacing shower trays on a static as the whole room is built around it. Just have to hope this seals it. Also had to remove the panels for the semi-concealed loo cistern as that started leaking from the 'outlet' pipe. Noticed a damp patch outside under the waste pipe, but upon getting a torch to it, could see the 'clean' side was leaking - panel off, squeezed arm in the gap and managed to tighten the fitting up. Always get a job or three after winter.

Last edited:

fossyant

Leaks at the van sorted. Just need some cream silicone to finish off invisibly. Been all over and can't find any. I have some at home, but I'm currently in Rhyl and may just call in screwfix

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
IMG_2262.jpeg

So this is our third shower tray all because Super Mario the world worst bathroom fitter ( recommended to us) , anyway I digress . Had to smash the resin shower tray along with the use of some power tools to get it up . Cracked a wall tile as well ! However have spares . My plan of course will be , to lay some new ply, screed the area till near level with the tiles . Then get some wet mortar mix down for the shower tray to bed down on ! It’s what should have happened first time ! F….Kin idiot . Only thing is tray will not sit under the tiles due to previous f up . Be fine though once I get the sika flex round it !

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
View attachment 685390

So this is our third shower tray all because Super Mario the world worst bathroom fitter ( recommended to us) , anyway I digress . Had to smash the resin shower tray along with the use of some power tools to get it up . Cracked a wall tile as well ! However have spares . My plan of course will be , to lay some new ply, screed the area till near level with the tiles . Then get some wet mortar mix down for the shower tray to bed down on ! It’s what should have happened first time ! F….Kin idiot . Only thing is tray will not sit under the tiles due to previous f up . Be fine though once I get the sika flex round it !
Can you not cut tiles with a grinder to make it fit snug ?

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Can you not cut tiles with a grinder to make it fit snug ?
Possibly but not feeling that brave ! The second time it was fitted it was butted up against wall and it was fine once I filled it with enough sikaflex .

Mind you I have managed to cut out the cracked tile ! So might give it some thought ! Be a better fit !
However , I’d need to leave a big enoughgap to slide tray in and ensure all level ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Possibly but not feeling that brave ! The second time it was fitted it was butted up against wall and it was fine once I filled it with enough sikaflex .

Mind you I have managed to cut out the cracked tile ! So might give it some thought ! Be a better fit !
However , I’d need to leave a mouth gap to slide tray in and ensure all level ?
Ive every confidence in you....get the grinder out and make some dust !

fossyant

Ordered a complete gas valve spare for our boiler. Very occasionally, like once a day, as the gas switches on, we get a really loud buzz come from the boiler (traced to the gas valve - I can feel it vibrate). I suspect it's the solenoid getting worn, so as I'm not supposed to touch the 'gas side' I can swap out the solenoid from the existing unit for the new spare. I haven't found the solenoid on it's own, but the whole valve was only £24 delivered. I've had the solenoid off and it looks fine, but I suspect there is a little play causing the 'plunger' to vibrate as the electrical current pushes the plunger to the 'valve' opening the gas outlet. It doesn't affect the operation of the boiler.

If I flick the boiler off, the noise stops and doesn't re-appear when I switch it back on.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Shower tray at the static caravan has started leaking - it's got a couple of cracks. I've filled these with silicone. It's not straight forward replacing shower trays on a static as the whole room is built around it. Just have to hope this seals it. Also had to remove the panels for the semi-concealed loo cistern as that started leaking from the 'outlet' pipe. Noticed a damp patch outside under the waste pipe, but upon getting a torch to it, could see the 'clean' side was leaking - panel off, squeezed arm in the gap and managed to tighten the fitting up. Always get a job or three after winter.

at least the shower tray is "downstairs" so it wont leak into teh kitchen. It be tempted to drill a hole in the bottom of the van and let it drain onto the grass!!

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
at least the shower tray is "downstairs" so it wont leak into teh kitchen. It be tempted to drill a hole in the bottom of the van and let it drain onto the grass!!

Yes I’ve had the leaks with mine , a total clusterf….. Hate bathrooms !

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
IMG_2264.jpeg

F it , I’ve cut the old flooring away as much as I can . Going to strengthen the joists properly this time unlike the clown that did it first. Then some 18mm marine or waterproof ply. I don’t want this floor to even move a smidgen ! See what I’ve got then with a dry fit , and I will cut the tiles away to get this thing underneath ! Take my time and hopefully all will be well .

Btw the noggin is not mine!! It will be coming out most likely and stronger ones fitted !

Top Bottom