Plumbing !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
View attachment 685652

F it , I’ve cut the old flooring away as much as I can . Going to strengthen the joists properly this time unlike the clown that did it first. Then some 18mm marine or waterproof ply. I don’t want this floor to even move a smidgen ! See what I’ve got then with a dry fit , and I will cut the tiles away to get this thing underneath ! Take my time and hopefully all will be well .

Btw the noggin is not mine!! It will be coming out most likely and stronger ones fitted !
Get yourself a decent diamond blade disc for the grinder and some goggles 😁 I think about a tenner last time I bought one.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Boiler is sorted. Bought a replacement gas valve (new and un-used) and swapped out the solenoid. No more noise from the boiler on start up.

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Happy to report, no crazy buzz from the boiler - been running 24 hours on and off and nothing, all working silently.

Could have been spendy if I got someone in. I do have a complete (new) gas valve spare now (minus the solenoid)

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
IMG_2288.jpeg
Well been at this for a while now, however floor was strengthened, ply down . Eventually decided to remove the lower tiles as I had spares. Which I found !! The only down side is the floor has a hell of run off to the drain hole on the tray. So not quite level . Hope the shower screen will adapt !? Chucked quite a bit of mortar under the tray at that corner to try and bring it up but it’s dropped !

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
View attachment 686578
Well been at this for a while now, however floor was strengthened, ply down . Eventually decided to remove the lower tiles as I had spares. Which I found !! The only down side is the floor has a hell of run off to the drain hole on the tray. So not quite level . Hope the shower screen will adapt !? Chucked quite a bit of mortar under the tray at that corner to try and bring it up but it’s dropped !
Should be a bit of adjustment in your shower screen.What sort is it...as in does it sit in a chanel at the wall ?

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Sits in a channel so hope there is enough ! Think it was first fitted with tray no1 at an angle so it did fit ? Will worry about that tomorrow. On another not Should of bought rapid fix adhesive , I could be grouting now lol

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Sits in a channel so hope there is enough ! Think it was first fitted with tray no1 at an angle so it did fit ? Will worry about that tomorrow. On another not Should of bought rapid fix adhesive , I could be grouting now lol

Just to report , all sorted and fitted . No leaks and it’s feels solid underfoot on the tray ! Hopefully that’s it! Now to sort the stand alone bath which is another clusterf….. with the plumber !

Top Bottom