PM's call to allow cyclists in olympic lanes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

defy-one

the pavement is wide enough for 2 cycle lanes and a footpath. under used unless you are right up by Westminster Bridge. I agree with Gooner - i'll be riding up the path on Saturday (my trial run into SE1)

Buddfox

Veteran
There's also the very wide raised central reservation type thing. On the embankment, it will be fine going west to east as there's a cycle lane almost the entire way (except in the short stretch leading to Northumberland Avenue). Travelling east to west has the potential to be a shocker - I'm surprise they haven't removed all the parking along there as it would have freed up an additional lane.

defy-one

I'll be using the embankment in both directions tommorow from Battersea bridge to Lambeth bridge. Will let you know how i get on

defy-one

Cycled in again today. Russell Square and roads around Tavistock Sq have some lane closures. Lots of barriers preventing right turns in place across the city.
Cycling really is the only way to get around imo

i wish you all the best of luck avoiding fines, irate taxi/coach/bus/car drivers and theose bloomin tourists.

i for one will be avoiding like the plague, which is unfortunate as the olympics (taken in its purest form and not that of todays over sponsord elitist claptrap that it has become) should be a joy to be part of.

but it wont be.

oh well, as long as sebastian makes plenty of cash.....

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Some roads 'closed' on my route in. Luckily the road closures allow bicycles to easily get through (video later).
However the taxi drivers don't seem to be happy with the changes.

Top Bottom