POC rip offs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stalagmike

Enormous member
Anybody got these? Do they actually keep the sun at bay or will I just look like a t*t for no reason?

IMG_5658.png

Sharky

Guru
They look smart, from your picture, but do they work?

I've struggled with my prescription glasses and sunglasses. I tend to ride with a low position, so my line of vision is either blocked by the top of the glasses frame, or I find my self looking over the top. Also give me neck ache when I try and lift my head up.

So I don't bother with glasses.

Should you go ahead, would be interested in your review of them.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I once bought a ski jacket that was 1/5 price that it should have been even though suppose to been surplus stock from same factory - I wore it 6 days and yes it kept me warm and dry ( not that cold anyway ) , zip bust day 3 and it looked like tat , threw it away when I got home
Think you may be in the same boat soon
- yes they will keep things out your eyes but guessing they will do little else and doubt they will last long before chipped scratched or corroded by sweat
I think the real ones are overpriced but should come with customer service and a warranty
But then again they could be from the same factory and just surplus stock 😁
Good luck
If you are going abroad any time soon there will be men selling them cheaper come round all the bars 👍

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
For budget sports sunglasses with full UV spec try Bolle industrial , my first choice before I needed prescription lenses . They come in a range of styles .
EDIT As they are industrial they come with impact protection as well.

Last edited:

Jameshow

Veteran
For budget sports sunglasses with full UV spec try Bolle industrial , my first choice before I needed prescription lenses . They come in a range of styles .
EDIT As they are industrial they come with impact protection as well.

DeWalt safety glasses for me, I only tend to wear them going down hill or near rivers where flys are in abundance.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I use a peaked cap. I find that blocking the sky/sun out completely is far preferable to "sun" glasses. Plenty to choose from.

0-Polyester-Bike-Headwear-MTB-Bicycles-Team-Sports.jpg

I also use a peaked hat in winter but a warmer one than those.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I can't get on with multiple lenses, so I just use single photochromic ones. My eyesight nowadays is such that I need prescription specs, so I use one of the online opticians and specify prescription bifocals with very shallow reading lenses.

OP
OP
stalagmike

stalagmike

Enormous member
Cheers guys. I need prescription lenses to be able to ride safely. So what I think I’ll do is get a new pair of prescription sunglasses for general use and driving , and just wear the ‘old’ ones for cycling. The prescription might be a little bit off but not much.

Top Bottom