Podcast from Damascus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

friedel

We just did a little podcast this afternoon from a teahouse, before we set out from Damascus tomorrow if anyone fancies a listen.

http://travellingtwo.com/466

We put in some of our thoughts about touring in Turkey and Syria and two interviews: one with a Swedish couple who are tackling Europe, Thailand and New Zealand by bike (their bikes were stolen in Romania!) and another with Paddy from Manchester who spent 5 years cycling Europe and working on farms after he lost his job. We met Paddy in Turkey where he was heading for Prague to spend the winter, with hopes of a world trip in the future.

OP
OP
F

friedel

Urrrrrgh, having just posted that and I see a problem we were having a few minutes ago with IE has resurfaced so you may only be able to get the site with Firefox at the moment. Will try and get Andrew on the case :biggrin:

Brock

Hi Friedel! Your Syria posts are the most fascinating of your adventures so far in my opinion, just off to listen to the podcast now.

OP
OP
F

friedel

Brock said:
Hi Friedel! Your Syria posts are the most fascinating of your adventures so far in my opinion, just off to listen to the podcast now.

Hi Brock and Cathryn. I have to say we are really taken with Syria and I think things will get even more interesting as we head to Iran. In some ways I wondered why we spent so long in Europe but then it was a good warm up for us, if a slightly boring one in hindsight :biggrin:

IE seems to be working now with the site so that's good.

Off to pack our panniers for the next part of the trip, through the desert tomorrow! Three days of sand...

Brock

Podcast was interesting, especially Paddy's interview, but there's a problem with the editing in the last few minutes, I think Andrew has accidentally recorded some of his dodgy prog rock mp3s over Paddy's voice. :biggrin:

OP
OP
F

friedel

Hummmm.... are you still getting this problem? We listened to the show twice before posting and didn't hear anything strange. I will try and listen now in the internet cafe to see what comes up.

Brock said:
Podcast was interesting, especially Paddy's interview, but there's a problem with the editing in the last few minutes, I think Andrew has accidentally recorded some of his dodgy prog rock mp3s over Paddy's voice. ;)

OP
OP
F

friedel

Brock said:
Yup, just downloaded it again to check, can't think of any way it could be my fault ;)

Wow, I have no idea what happened there. Andrew would object to your 'dodgy' description since he does like his Pearl Jam but there's definitely something wrong! I just have no clue how it got on there. We haven't listened to that in ages. It's not even on the computer and we listened to the whole show before we uploaded it. Very strange. We will go back to the hotel and edit it and try to replace it as soon as we can. Could be a few days though before we get a chance to upload it again. Thanks for alerting us.

OP
OP
F

friedel

Well, we've been to the hotel and back, had supper in the meantime and listened to the podcast. There isn't a thing wrong with the original mp3 on our computer so something must have gone wrong in the uploading. Either that or a PJ fan has hacked into our site?? We have no clue but we're trying to replace it. Internet connections are a bit slow here in the evenings so if it doesn't happen tonight we'll do it in Aleppo and let you know. Thanks again for letting us know.

Top Bottom