Podium Girls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldroadman

Veteran
Are they an anachronism? Are they needed? Discuss....
(Not that I ever got kissed by podium girls very much, so no vested interest:sad:).

yello

Are they an anachronism?

I think so, yes.

Actually, I think 'anachronism' is being polite and, in contexts, defensible. Not so with podium girls, brollie girls, etc etc etc. There are so many others ways of presenting awards too.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
If F1 can do without them (on the podium at least - I do seem to remember there being rows of indenticlad young women lined up along the indoors approach to the podium) then cycling can too.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
onthe plus side every if they weren't employed holding a brolly or kissy Phil the power Taylor, they'd be on the dole. Youi need to have some job opportunities for vacant bimbos.
;)

Hont

Guru
It all does feel a little pre-feminist and plenty of other sports survive without them. I'm not sure anything would be lost by them not being there. They certainly don't determine whether I watch the podium or not.

Maybe they're for the riders. Sagan obviously appreciates them, Hincapie married one and you know what the Italians are like.;)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If you want a serious answer ...
  • How can men who approve of podium girls expect to be taken seriously in a modern society?
  • How can women who work as podium girls expect to be taken seriously in a modern society?

RiflemanSmith

I don't approve or disapprove. I notice them and think yeah nice tits or I would do that, then my attention goes back to the thing that I was watching.
You make the same observations to yourself maybe not so crudely put but you do.
Its human nature to inspect members of the opposite sex on first sight even if it's subconsciously.
As for being taken seriously get over yourself.
A woman doing a job and earning a living shouldn't be taken seriously?
What about underwear models permissable?
Nude models for artists?
Strippers?
sexworkers?

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
If you want a serious answer ...
  • How can men who approve of podium girls expect to be taken seriously in a modern society?
  • How can women who work as podium girls expect to be taken seriously in a modern society?
A. Why not? A fit arse is a fit arse.
B. they get paid more than I do for a days work...I know I dated one or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom