Poetry Corner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SamNichols

Oh, and thanks for the smooth and clever comment - I am not. I am a pretentious postgrad who spends too long in bars doing poetry competitions, eyeing up blonde barmaids and posting on here when I should be reading about theology.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

SamNichols said:
Oh, and thanks for the smooth and clever comment - I am not. I am a pretentious postgrad who spends too long in bars doing poetry competitions, eyeing up blonde barmaids and posting on here when I should be reading about theology.

BROOOOOOOCKKKKK!!!!!

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

SamNichols said:
Goodness me, you've turned into the school bullies, taunting me. Soon you'll gang up on me and punch my arms until they bruise. What, exactly, are you two the guardians of?

No, sorry to disapoint you, it's just that we're very busy

you know what they say though, If you can't get a drink at one pub, try the next one

And I've just created one for you and your type, called Poetry Copier and pasters or something

SamNichols

I've put the haiku that I wrote the other night. Sorry, but in general I don't write poems, I am far better with prose than verse (and I can't find the only one that I wrote that I am actually happy with). I started my short story thread for people like me...

SamNichols

the record ends, a soft click signals its demise.

without intervention, the noise could carry on forever;

Sweet crackling lights the room

The lever is lifted

It passes.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

SamNichols said:
the record ends, a soft click signals its demise.

without intervention, the noise could carry on forever;

Sweet crackling lights the room

The lever is lifted

It passes.

Gentle, very elegant

Nice touch of synesthisia with the crackling lighting the room

I really like that? What are all the squares at the beginninng though, you're not a mac or a linux person are you?

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

SamNichols said:
I do have a mac, yes. Can't see any squares my end, sorry.

Oh, shoot.

I'm in a really big dilemma now. Those little squares signal a mac user, and yes I understand your culture, but some on here may not

I can't see now what people have quoted, and I hope they haven't

Sam, just keep your head down for a couple of weeks and scope out an equally able, most likely cheaper computer

This is between you and me right?

SamNichols

Abitrary said:
Oh, shoot.

I'm in a really big dilemma now. Those little squares signal a mac user, and yes I understand your culture, but some on here may not

I can't see now what people have quoted, and I hope they haven't

Sam, just keep your head down for a couple of weeks and scope out an equally able, most likely cheaper computer

This is between you and me right?

Can i pretend that I use Linux, thus making me not a pretentious 'zine designing nut bar, but a loveable bodger who doesn't play by the rules?

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

SamNichols said:
Can i pretend that I use Linux, thus making me not a pretentious 'zine designing nut bar, but a loveable bodger who doesn't play by the rules?

Sorry no. You can't just turn Mac rules into Linux rules

The linux mob will come down upon you like a ton of damp rollups

SamNichols

Abitrary said:
Sorry no. You can't just turn Mac rules into Linux rules

The linux mob will come down upon you like a ton of damp rollups

I'll beat them away with my man bag and throttle one of them with my metrosexual cardigans. They can take away my OSX, but they'll never take my freedom, etc.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

SamNichols said:
I'll beat them away with my man bag and throttle one of them with my metrosexual cardigans. They can take away my OSX, but they'll never take my freedom, etc.

You've had a bacardi breezer, sam, but you won't take the weight of Brock and Bonj, sitting on your lightly hung over head in the morning

SamNichols

Abitrary said:
You've had a bacardi breezer, sam, but you won't take the weight of Brock and Bonj, sitting on your lightly hung over head in the morning

Surprisingly enough, this is one of the nights when i am not vaguely drunk, i haven't drunk since Saturday in fact. Even then it was only a glass of red before the cinema. Seemingly, not drinking for two days brings out the worst in me.

Also - Bacardi Breezer? You think so little of me... I am a cultured man, I just happen to use a computer that is disconcertingly white.

Brock

ugh? Ah sorry I got drunk on wine and watched 'Road Wars' on the telly. It shows police video of car chases, and helicopter mounted infrafred camera footage of chavscum jumping over fences.

I like Sam's sweet crackling.. It successfully evokes the particular metronomic contemplative limbo that exists in the time between record end and stylus retrieval.
Well.. If I'm honest it made me think of honey roast pork, but I liked it anyway.
I think we have to let Sam stay in poetry corner.
Another glance was interesting, loved the verse where it's revealed that the lasagne is accompanied by chips. Not so sure about the last verse though.
Sorry again for my absence Abit, can I have a deputy poetry corner police badge though? I'll sit on Dayvo's face if he tries anything again.

Top Bottom