Pointing a small chimney costs.£

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
I've just pointed my own front garden slabs and they look really nice now. I've been spurred on to getting the chimney done its 10 bricks in height and 2 in depth. Because I've not got a ladder tall enough I've asked for a few quotes and its been staggering. Guess how much they have been from and to? The easily shocked need to look away now.

Attachments

• P1020378.JPG
    P1020378.JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 4

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
A grand... ? my colleague can't get the roofer to fix his bodged repair on the flashing of their chimney.

Glad I don't have a chimney as I don't do heights :ohmy:

classic33

Leg End Member
£1,500 upto £4,700.

The major part of that being the access equipment required. Other than roofing ladders, ladders aren't considered a suitable means of access nowadays.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Had mine done maybe 5 years ago when the roofer I had was putting a hat on top of it to stop the birds from nesting on it. He noticed the chimney needed repointing and offered to do it at the same time. All done from a ladder and I think for about 100 pounds. Bargain.^_^

OP
OP
K

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Right here goes, £420, £300, £300, £200 and £75.00. The one at £75.00 said the flashing would be sealed with leadmate as well as it ground out and repointed. The guy said I would have to wait a a couple of weeks until a slot of a couple of hours became spare. So I'm going for this the cheapest one.

OP
OP
K

Kingfisher101

Über Member
£75 just sounds too cheap.
It will take a couple of hours to get the old stuff out. Then as long to repoint and access costs.
Is he just going to do it sat on the roof?
Have you seen his other work?

Yes it all looks good. I could do that no problem, its not a hard job. Its that my ladder is too short. You dont need to sit on the roof you can do it off a tallish ladder.

Top Bottom