Pointless Competitions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I read in the paper this morning that the Swedish National Championships are being held today in . . . sms texting! FFS:angry:
Speed is the issue; spelling, grammar and punctuation is unnecessary! :ohmy:

Anyone think of other pointless competitions - apart from TdeF where they all cheat and no one wins? :ohmy:

Arch

Married to Night Train
I guess, if you're entering, no competition is pointless.

There's this game I see on telly somtimes. 22 blokes run round a field, kicking a ball (and each other), up and down they go, back and forth, trying to aim it into a sort of net, and half the time it goes off the edge.

Utterly pointless!

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
I once saw this 'competition' where a whole load of blokes set off and ran around a slightly squiffy circle. And blow me, in less than a minute, they all ended up exactly where they had started from!.

Pointless or what?

TVC

The world toe wrestling championships - held in Derbyshire I believe.

Where is the pleasure in locking piggies with a complete stranger then spending the next couple of days waiting to see if you get a fungal infection.

No thanks!

asterix

Comrade Member
I was going to suggest Dwyle Flunking, but apparently the contestants get to drink beer.

Kovu

Über Member
Arch said:
There's this game I see on telly somtimes. 22 blokes run round a field, kicking a ball (and each other), up and down they go, back and forth, trying to aim it into a sort of net, and half the time it goes off the edge.

:ohmy: hahaha, that seems true though while they all obbess over it ...

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Kovu;42974][quote=Arch said:

:ohmy: hahaha, that seems true though while they all obbess over it ...[/QUOTE]

There's another one on telly. Something about being in and out or leg overs or howzat or somat. It's so enthralling (apparently) that even the pigeons sit about on the field resting with the the silly mid drift man (or is that darts?). Only thing I really know about it is that England get beaten quite often. So I suppose there is a silver lining:evil: And there seems to be a lot of eating what with 11ses, lunch and tea and commentators who get cakes donated. They do seem to make a good profit sometimes what with 265 for 5 being an excellent return on investment. Even England manage 13 for 5 sometimes.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
Ah yes! That must be the game where you have two sides, one out in the field and one in.

And each man that's in the side that's in, goes out, and when he's out, he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out.

Then when they are all out the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in out.

Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

But when both sides have been in and out including the not-outs, that's the end of the game.

Football is not a pointless sport/competition.
It provides a massive income for all those clinics with 'scanning' equipment...nary a match goes by without four or five herberts being carted off for a scan - damaged wallet, out for four weeks, slight tear of the Paul Smith - sidelined for two matches... and it is lapped up by the ravenous fans! Let's not forget the WAG factor (Should possibly be called the Max factor as Max Hastings is a PR for some...) - massive employment for shop assistants - as the wags - and other shop assistants as their mentors. Also, a bit like Crufts...

Cricket: "we can take the positives from this match" (we lost - again) - another absolutely pointless thing to say. If you said that to our boss every time you went to work, you would be contributing to Cycle Chat from the comfort of your house, or an internet café somewhere - work would have sacked you for taking all the positives and not doing anything with them!

F1. Dreary beyond belief as a competition zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Darts - great for cheering masses waving placards and silly flags.

Let's get some decent rugby in to even things up a bit - Union for a polite intro and then get stuck in with Super League. Suddenly everything means something :ohmy: :ohmy:

Top Bottom