Pointless & impractical vehicles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I think a criticism of the Mercedes AMG G Wagon is the sheer power of it. It's a high performance version where the power cannot ever be used on public roads. Who needs 0-60 times of under 5 seconds on Britain's congested cities.

The same criticism could be labelled at any of the AMG, M and RS type cars.

icowden

Veteran
I think a criticism of the Mercedes AMG G Wagon is the sheer power of it. It's a high performance version where the power cannot ever be used on public roads. Who needs 0-60 times of under 5 seconds on Britain's congested cities.
More to the point, who needs to go 0-60 in less than 5 seconds in a jeep style off-roader?

icowden

Veteran
Just because it’s expensive doesn’t make it impractical or pointless :whistle: . I’ve seen far better examples in this thread already of pointless and impractical.
Yep - I didn't hold it out as a poster child, or demand that it was given the top spot.
Personally I think that it does. It is impractical as an off-roader due to the expense, and you are hardly going to want muddy wellies and clothing inside it . It is impractical and pointless as a school run SUV. So what is the point of it other than to go "I'm really wealthy". It does 18mpg.

Yep - I didn't hold it out as a poster child, or demand that it was given the top spot.
Personally I think that it does. It is impractical as an off-roader due to the expense, and you are hardly going to want muddy wellies and clothing inside it . It is impractical and pointless as a school run SUV. So what is the point of it other than to go "I'm really wealthy". It does 18mpg.
People don't really buy them to go off road though do they, like most of the modern day 4x4.

They're just a big, fast expensive car that people like to buy if they can afford it.

Like Superbikes, where can you really do 200mph (I know they're restricted now but you can get around that) but loads do and enjoy them quite illegally.

I can't see the issue with those sort of cars myself, environment aside.

presta

Guru
1643027470533.png

MrGrumpy

Huge Member

Better add Tesla to that list as well :whistle: .

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Time for my biennial eyesight test, courtesy of @classic33

I feel a little sick

Jody

Stubborn git

Looks vs cost for me.

I wouldn't buy a G Wagon if I could afford one.

Top Bottom