Pointless overtake.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
There is a species of driver that must be in front of anything else on the road. We've all seen them overtake on solid white lines, zig-zags at crossing (if not parking on same zig-zags). They speed between sleeping policemen at twicw the spped limit only to jam the brakes on, then speed off again. Some don't even slow down for the speed bumps (one in our family:sad:). Just pity them for they know not the rules of the road or how it p1sses off the rest of us:angry:.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I will take the filtering advice on board, i usually never filter because it is mostly country lanes and in the situation where there is a queue i would wait.

I wanted to prove a point to the driver i guess, Red Mist time :tongue:
That all said it still was a waste of time to overtake as there was nothing to gain.

yello

Just one of those things isn't it. I'd have said nothing, doubt I'd have even noticed it tbh.

Pointless? Hmmm, maybe. If the point was to get past the cyclist (and it seemed to be done safely enough imo) then I'd say they achieved that. Not all pointless if looked at in that context.

But, seriously, to post this as an 'out' for poor driving (or whatever motivation you had for putting it up on YouTube) doesn't really do cyclists any favours imo. Tbh, I think it makes you look a tad whiney... and/or maybe some car drivers will tar all cyclists the same.

There is some really dangerous driving around. The recent advent of cameras and posting on YouTube can be of benefit to cyclists but I'm afraid I don't think that your footage falls into that category. Only my opinion. No disrespects meant, I'm sure you're a nice bloke and all :tongue:

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Fair enough folks i get the point :laugh:.

I am still playing around with the camera guess i am out to find fault atm.The reason i got it was when a guy jumped out of his car after doing a real close overtake (within 6 inches off my handlebar ) and then got out wanting to fight,the police did nothing when i raised a complaint saying they had no other witnesses.

Runs and hides ;)

Your filtering reminds me very much of this video, where I generally got pelters for my filtering. I think my filtering has improved significanty since then. In fact I find I probably filter more now, although I think I do it in a much safer way.....IMO! :wacko:

Top Bottom