Pointless / stupid things shouted at you whilst on a bike #364

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redcard

Veteran
"Give me my farking bike back you thieving daffodil!!!"

hobbitonabike

Formerly EbonyWillow
On my first ever womens group ride we passed through a pedestrian crossing where a man was stood with his bike. We all smiled and said good morning and as I was the last rider I heard him say in a suprised yet pleased sounding voice...oooohhh women!! The look on his face still makes me chuckle.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Walking down a pedestrianised high street today pushing the bike and hear a shout somewhere behind me "Oi put that away, no one wants to see that!" I suspect I need to get better fitting lycra shorts.

The obvious retort is "well your Mrs likes it"

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Had a couple in the past few days, the first was on a section of cycle path, it was a miserable evening horrible drizzly soaking rain, and I was approaching a young girl and I assume her mum who were riding in the opposite direction, I slowed down to make sure we all went through safely and as I went past the girl said,
"Ooooo, hello Mr Proper Cyclist."
So that was nice, the second wasn't quite so pleasant.
Travelling down a narrow section of road, car comes racing up behind, we are literally a second from where the road widens so I can let him through safely, but he can't wait that long so he starts to squeeze through anyway forcing me to pull to the left. Anyway, he's coming through and I raise my right hand in an open palm up couldn't you have waited just another second/exasperated kind of gesture, no swearing and no rude hand signals. The passenger leans right out of the open window, gives me and bird and starts screaming and shouting,
"F*** YOU, F*** YOU YOU C**T, F*** YOU!"
Which he continues to do until they're out of sight. I gave him a big smile, a wave and a thumbs up and he still kept shouting. There's no pleasing some people.

cd365

Guru
Very brave inside a car aren't they!

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Extremely, they were grown men too not boy racers, mind you if they hadn't had their hi-viz vests on I may not have spotted them.

Top Bottom