Pointless / stupid things shouted at you whilst on a bike #364

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
I got Bradley wiggins again this morning by some school kids. A couple of years ago they wouldn't have even known who he was. Just shows how cycling is becoming more mainstream........Or at least until froome doesn't win the tour and the sport fades into the background again.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I've had one "Barry" type pull alongside and the passenger congratulated me on doing 20mph which annoyed me - I'm convinced I was doing more at the time.

Also I've been passed by a cat driving a car - it's the only thing I can think of that made the MEEEOOOOWWWW sound from the open window as it passed:smile:

Cycleconvert

Had a good one on my way home last night.

The passenger of a car overtaking me wound the window down and shouted (or at least this is what I translated it as) 'Do your effing CBT'

Reactions: 4F

Wheeledweenie

Über Member
I was in the cycle lane the otherday, car indicated left so I slowed a bit so that I wouldn't hit the side of him as he turned but wouldn't have to stop. He suddenly stopped mid-turn, so did I to avoid going into the side of him. There was a pregnant pause full of confusion as to what was happening so I asked 'Are you going then?' I received 'I DID INDICATE YOU IDIOT!' before the car completed the manoeuvre and sped off. Very odd....

I prefer not to dwell on the nobbers and instead fondly reminisce about the teenagers at a bus stop who sang/shouted the Rocky training tune as I climbed a steep hill past them then the cheered when I reached the top. Bless...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I was in the cycle lane the otherday, car indicated left so I slowed a bit so that I wouldn't hit the side of him as he turned but wouldn't have to stop. He suddenly stopped mid-turn, so did I to avoid going into the side of him. There was a pregnant pause full of confusion as to what was happening so I asked 'Are you going then?' I received 'I DID INDICATE YOU IDIOT!' before the car completed the manoeuvre and sped off. Very odd....

I prefer not to dwell on the nobbers and instead fondly reminisce about the teenagers at a bus stop who sang/shouted the Rocky training tune as I climbed a steep hill past them then the cheered when I reached the top. Bless...

hey.. don't think I didn't notice you have sneaked back on to the forum. Welcome back. How's the mummy thing doing?

Wheeledweenie

Über Member
I've been lurking a while...

Eenie weenie is now two and a half!! Finally returned to work last month so am back cycle commuting. Not quite up to a FNRTTC yet, but as soon as I am (and I have my new bike and I can get the babysitting) I'll be back :smile:

cd365

Guru
This morning after overtaking an other cyclist I had 2 kids at the bus stop down the road shout "run! run!" and "run white socks", I assumed the cyclist I had overtaken was trying to catch me.
Do kids nowadays not realise that on a bike you pedal? My white socks were actually white cycling shoes!

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
I just got randomly shouted at last night whilst waiting at a junction. When the sun comes out so do society's nobs. "oh there's a cyclist, I know I'll just shout at him as A I pass at 40 mph!" what fun.

H Bomb

Regular
I had one of Britain's peasant under-class shout 'Safety First' at me the other day which I thought was a bit odd! - the only thing i could think to say in return was "well - yes, obviously!"

Still, lets hope that's their mantra the next time they manage to steal a car.

Top Bottom