Pointless / stupid things shouted at you whilst on a bike #364

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monkeylc

Über Member
I had my first 'Go on Bradley!' the other day.

I didn't mind at all. Much better than 'get off the road you daft c***' which was the last comment a driver shouted at me!

Arr :cursing: hate that! I cannot stand being called daft................:blink: I am a bit of a c*** though.

Amack

What is it with teenage tossers shouting pro cyclists names at us lot?

I suppose we could shout back "go on yourself, James Hunt!" but they'd either be to young to know or mishear it, knowing my luck mishear it and come after me :laugh:

jarlrmai

Veteran
for and indepth review of the psychology behind teenage shouting google "bus self-gratification artists" :thumbsup:

Had a drunk Scottish fella yell out, 'Luminous cyclist man - f*ck off!' at me on the way in this morning, which kept me amused for the next couple of miles...

That'll teach me to wear my bright tops when the sun's out (everything else is in the wash, in my defence)

If a drunken Scottish chap could see you, then that's recommendation enough for hi viz for me !:laugh:

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Had a drunk Scottish fella yell out, 'Luminous cyclist man - f*ck off!' at me on the way in this morning, which kept me amused for the next couple of miles...

That'll teach me to wear my bright tops when the sun's out (everything else is in the wash, in my defence)

TBH I was amazed that the ape knew what the word 'luminous' meant.

(BTW I am not calling Scottich people apes, just everyone who shouts abuse at a cyclist from a car is an ape).

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.

Yeah, sorry, that was me, I was just takin' the p*ss, don't worry!! :laugh:

(BTW I am not calling Scottich people apes, just everyone who shouts abuse at a cyclist from a car is an ape).

*Makes Ape noises*.
To be fair, there are quite a lot of Apes out there who are infinitely more civilised than some humans.

sheffgirl

for and indepth review of the psychology behind teenage shouting google "bus self-gratification artists" :thumbsup:

I was perplexed by a group of kids who had been on the back of the bus I was travelling on recently. They had been talking and singing at an ear-splitting volume for the entire 40 minutes of the journey so I was relieved when they left. They left the bus, then proceeded to shout 'bus w*nkers' at the people left on the bus :dry:

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
I was perplexed by a group of kids who had been on the back of the bus I was travelling on recently. They had been talking and singing at an ear-splitting volume for the entire 40 minutes of the journey so I was relieved when they left. They left the bus, then proceeded to shout 'bus w*nkers' at the people left on the bus :dry:

Haha the irony is killing me.

Top Bottom