Pointless / stupid things shouted at you whilst on a bike #364

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ShipHill

I got whistled at the other day by a lass in a car. She must have defective vision.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Stopped the bike in a gap between parked cars to let a driver come through from the other direction. She, it seemed, angrily gestured for me to come through (not that she could park where I'd stopped, it was on zigzags outside a school and too small for her behemoth) and as I drew past her open drivers window I said thanks only to hear what I thought to be "You think you're tired mate??!"

:huh:

on the road

Über Member
I often get people in cars shouting things at me as they're going past, but I can't understand a word they're saying because of the doppler effect:headshake:

Tommy2

Über Member
When the first warm days came this year I put on my bib shorts to commute and on the way home it was nice and sunny as I rolled past a pub (slowly waiting for the level crossing to open) got whistled at and "nice legs" shouted, unfortunately by a 50 odd year old shaven headed man.

Just a bit of fun so i took no offence, but how and why do these people get to the pub before 5 o'clock on a week day??!

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
When the first warm days came this year I put on my bib shorts to commute and on the way home it was nice and sunny as I rolled past a pub (slowly waiting for the level crossing to open) got whistled at and "nice legs" shouted, unfortunately by a 50 odd year old shaven headed man.

Just a bit of fun so i took no offence, but how and why do these people get to the pub before 5 o'clock on a week day??!

They picked the wrong life partner?

billy1561

BB wrecker
Got shouted at by a car full of neanderthals once at a roundabout as they went past 'oi! chicken legs! Made me laugh actually as i'd doubt not one of them could keep up if they had a bike ^_^

PedalCat

I like sandwiches
On my way to work one morning, a man working on a roof tried to catch my attention, shouting "Hey mate. Hey mate. Hey. I say, hey mate". It was reminiscent of Alan Partridge's "Dan! Dan!......Dan!...."
He just didn't have the wit or the timing, his colleagues didn't join in, and when he finally told me that my back wheel was going round, he'd made such a mess of it that i expected to give way to a tumbleweed.

Top Bottom