Pointless / stupid things shouted at you whilst on a bike #364

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beastie

Guru
Have I got this right. A guest at a lesbian wedding Civil Ceremony was having a pop at someone for being gay:wacko:
Yep. I must confess to being somewhat taken a back. His reason for my being "gay" was my wearing of pink. Not the sharpest sandwich at the picnic.

Maz

Guru
Occupants in a passing car shouted "F*ckin paki bastard. Black c*nt!"
They sped off, but there were roadworks up ahead and I caught up with them at the temporary lights...I opened their rear door and cycled off.

sabian92

Über Member
No, it's not understandable.

Think about it or do I have to spell it out?

I did say afterwards that I meant the majority of that i'd personally encountered and I explained that I made a mistake, which was bloody weeks ago but you haven't obviously bothered to read that. I suppose you missed my apology as well?

And no, thank you. I'm perfectly capable of spelling.

Maylian

Veteran
A few weeks ago a couple of pedestrians said "your laces are undone", since I was wearing my SPD shoes I pointed out that they didn't have any and smugly rode off.

Another time I've had a car pull up alongside me and some cute girls shout encouragement at me and challenge me to a race. They only just beat me to the next set of lights, but that was one of the more pleasant heckles :smile:

machew

Veteran
Had someone shout, your back wheel is missing.
As this was when I was on my trike, this did take a bit a thought

Ste T.

Guru
There is something about cars that brings out the obnoxious sociopath in many drivers.
I cycle commute to work (20 mile round trip) for two reason, fitness and the environment.
Part of my commute takes me through a village with a narrow main road where unavoidably I hold the other traffic up just one of those things. I couldn't get any further over to the left.
Keep in mind that I am doing 20-25mph in a 30 any way yet I often get people sitting on my rear wheel revving away. The whole thing only lasts a minute, but they have no patience.
Then one day a guy overtaking me did a very telling thing. He drew level and wound his window down to shout,"Put it on the pavement, you f'ing loser!"
I realised that he put me in a lower social/wealth bracket than himself. I must be mustn't I or why would I ride a bike ?
Ironically I could buy several of his cars without a loan, but obviously that wouldn't cross his mind.
About 2 miles further on we enter a town that is a bottleneck and the same drivers sit there at a standstill, held up by other cars far more than I held them up, yet they don't say anything to them as they see them as equals.

PocketFrog

Northern Monkey
"What you on a bike for, ya fat c**t?"

Answered your own question there...clever boy!

CS7 Monday morning between Tooting Bec and Balham, young ish lad being driven by his mum/girlfriend was shouting out of the car repeatedly:

"you're all driving like w*nkers"

i just smiled...must have been on day release..

PedalCat

I like sandwiches
Then one day a guy overtaking me did a very telling thing. He drew level and wound his window down to shout,"Put it on the pavement, you f'ing loser!"
I realised that he put me in a lower social/wealth bracket than himself. I must be mustn't I or why would I ride a bike ?
Ironically I could buy several of his cars without a loan, but obviously that wouldn't cross his mind.
About 2 miles further on we enter a town that is a bottleneck and the same drivers sit there at a standstill, held up by other cars far more than I held them up, yet they don't say anything to them as they see them as equals.

I'd like to see his face if he could read this post. Maybe a lightbulb would appear above his head, maybe he'd dig himself in even deeper; total refusal to acknowledge reality.

monkeylc

Über Member
Had my first today. It was "f***in' cycle path."

Yep.

There is a cycle path on the other side of the road, which i use when going the other way. I was keeping up with traffic and wasn't holding him up at all, so *shrugs*. This was only said once our direction parted, so not the most courageous of chaps.

Though in hind sight maybe he was just declaring his hatred for the cycle path. who knows.

Cycle paths in Leicester are absolutely foookin terrible! If you followed most of them it would kill you or put you in hospital seriously!
There's one on the way home that takes you from a cycle path straight into traffic?

Amack

Had my first shout today from a car full of idiots (I'm blaming the sunny weather as they have their windows open now!) "go on Bradley wiggins, son" I don't know whether they know something I don't but I just ignored them, it made the whole car laugh hilariously though, just a bit of a strange feeling getting shouted at in public :laugh:

Worse was I wearing baggies and t shirt on my ......Crosstrail! Mind you it's better being shouted at than the deadly passing of the farmers in their huge tractors shifting their grass. Scary stuff.

Top Bottom