Pointless / stupid things shouted at you whilst on a bike #364

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I did get yelled at coming out of the hardware store parking lot the other day, I believe I was holding the fellow up from getting a paint color he could fall in love with...

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I was time trialling once when a car drove past with the passenger hanging out proudly displaying an 'adult' magazine. He shouted something like "check out the....." but I didn't hear the rest.

'..... Bottom bracket on her?'

Made me smile despite the pain of racing.

Life would be oh so much duller without such people, lets face it! Actually, talking of which, I rarely get any abuse, but the last time I got shouted at was from one of the genuine local special needs types because I wasn't wearing a helmet at the time (yes, the potential irony isn't lost on me).

This, I have to point out, if you remember a few months ago, was the guy I saw having a fit in the middle of a busy road and I proceeded to move him and his shopping to the pavement. When he came round, he had a go at me because I had moved his shopping and had probably crushed a cream cake he had. The fact that I had just dragged him out of the middle of a main road seemingly meant nothing to him compared to the structural integrity of his cake (the aforementioned structural integrity of which, ironically would have been severely compromised had a car hit it anyway!).
To be fair, he works at a local supermarket and apparently gets paid in food (from what I've heard), but, still, being more concerned about a cake's safety as a pose to your own is just a bit out of proportion, regardless of how nice the cake might be! :laugh:

Of course, going back to the original message, maybe he did have a point when he shouted at me after all, I mean, my head without the helmet could have *potentially* ended up like the feared condition of his cream cake (sort of) had I been in an accident. :blush:

sheffgirl

Now the weather is getting warmer, the remarks seem to be more common. Mostly its 'go on love', I even got that from a fellow cyclist last week, it made me smile. Not really had any negative comments yet, I'm sure I've seen guys looking at my bum though :laugh:

Kies

It was my turn to shout something today on my quick ride after work, to an overweight 13/14 year old girl. She crossed the road with a friend and clearly saw me coming, her friend decides to stop halfway across the road, but she continues to walk with head looking straight and one eye on me ...... She stopped in the road at the last moment, good job she did as i was doing around 20mph!!!!
I shouted "you will get run over doing that"!

kedab

Veteran
Now the weather is getting warmer, the remarks seem to be more common. Mostly its 'go on love', I even got that from a fellow cyclist last week, it made me smile. Not really had any negative comments yet, I'm sure I've seen guys looking at my bum though :laugh:
guys never, ever, look at the female bottom. how very dare you! :whistle:

edindave

Über Member
"Have you got a fish tattoo on your arm?"
That's what one of a group of three women shouted across the road at me today while I was out on a lunchtime ride. I replied "No." and they broke into fits of laughter. :wacko:

Top Bottom